CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Theres no way id let that thing go to japan

Get Adobe Flash player

What an AWESOME find! Cool vintage ride. You gotta get it running and get at least one ride on it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by lorax View Post
    What an AWESOME find! Cool vintage ride.
    Why don't you buy it??????? Your looking for a bike aren't you?????????

Get Adobe Flash player

id make that bike perty, fuck rust and old dingy bullshit.
    Id paint that fucker flight red

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Why don't you buy it??????? Your looking for a bike aren't you?????????
    I am! Messaging turned off - I suspect he's been swamped with contacts.

Price as is?

Thanks for the comments guys. I put some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders for a couple days before even trying and it turns over fine and obviously has compression. Put the front pipe on and gave her the missing kickstand.I like my stuff clean, and it's killing me to not clean it yet but I think I'm gonna put it on Ebay with a 10k reserve as is. They literally can't make 'em like this anymore. If it doesn't sell ( and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't) THEN I will clean it up and get it running with a clear conscience about fucking up the crust.

Get Adobe Flash player

You can leave the crust, but if you can get it running, it will bring a much better price. I think the effort would pay you well, if you have the time.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

The "damage" fetish is fucking gay in a bad way. That's SITTING damage not "riding" damage. If I shart my skivvies that's the same sort of "patina". It's not a fucking Hope Diamond, it's a neglected motorcycle. That's not battle scars, that's abandonment RUST. However rust sells to dumbasses so I wouldn't touch a thing if selling it!

They literally can't make 'em like this anymore.
    Anyone can and faking patina for the hipsters is a very old "cosmetic enhancement" (antique sellers do it on other items all the time). Build a roller out of rusty swap meet leftovers, park it out back and take a piss on it now and then while going through the engine on the bench. Getting excited over damage is not "old school". In the proverbial day it would have been rescued to ride though not necessarily at high dollar. It's easy and convenient to do everything you see on that motorcycle today.

No need to do anything with the tank since you can run the engine off a nice clean plastic riding mower tank and let the buyer fuck with what's on it. That also keeps them from caring if the tank is fucked since they can concentrate on the engine sounds.

I'd Ebay with a high reserve (like ten grand because pimping isn't about doing the trick favors so a collector with too much money buys it. Old bikes render rich noobs blind so get their money. Then I'd show them Dragstews posts and send them to him for their dream build so everybody gets paid.

Hold out for the money. The people who don't buy it do not matter, only the man with the dead Presidents. Never marry what you can pimp.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    The "damage" fetish is fucking gay in a bad way. That's SITTING damage not "riding" damage. If I shart my skivvies that's the same sort of "patina". It's not a fucking Hope Diamond, it's a neglected motorcycle. That's not battle scars, that's abandonment RUST. However rust sells to dumbasses so I wouldn't touch a thing if selling it!

Anyone can and faking patina for the hipsters is a very old "cosmetic enhancement" (antique sellers do it on other items all the time). Build a roller out of rusty swap meet leftovers, park it out back and take a piss on it now and then while going through the engine on the bench. Getting excited over damage is not "old school". In the proverbial day it would have been rescued to ride though not necessarily at high dollar. It's easy and convenient to do everything you see on that motorcycle today.

No need to do anything with the tank since you can run the engine off a nice clean plastic riding mower tank and let the buyer fuck with what's on it. That also keeps them from caring if the tank is fucked since they can concentrate on the engine sounds.

I'd Ebay with a high reserve (like ten grand because pimping isn't about doing the trick favors so a collector with too much money buys it. Old bikes render rich noobs blind so get their money. Then I'd show them Dragstews posts and send them to him for their dream build so everybody gets paid.

Hold out for the money. The people who don't buy it do not matter, only the man with the dead Presidents. Never marry what you can pimp.
    Harsh.

And correct.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

And true, fuck patina and yuppie bullshit
    Its like acting i been riding 59 years but im 23 lol

Get Adobe Flash player

Farmall said it so well, there's a bike that's been rode many miles with battle scars, and then there's the plastic spastic crowd who think leaving a frame in the sea for 4 months is 'rad' It doesn't happy so much in the UK, but it makes me die alittle inside when people dig parts out of the desert and 'run as is for that crusty look' fuck off.

My hap jones tank came off a bike that had ran it for decades, I just clear coated it.

ANYWAY, make sure you get good dollar, don't let people try and get a quick buck as they'll just sell it on for more.

Share This