Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Free riser alignment tool from junk bars & visegrip adjusting screw spinner

Using handlebars like the apes I prefer to hold risers in place while torquing riser bolts from the bottom is often an asspain, and inconvenient when ya want to torque risers on a triple clamp that's not installed.

I sliced up a scrap bar with a zip disk saving enough for a handle as shown. Snug tool in riser clamps, tighten riser bolts, remove tool then place bars and install. Beats wrasslin' complete bars with installed controls with one hand while torquing loose risers. While drag bars etc are easy to do this saves hassle on bikes like the Road King I just used it on. It also makes a good cheater pipe for short ratchets since it's a stainless stock HD bar with no chrome to chip (I use stainless hydraulic tubing for longer cheater pipes).

Visegrip with bolt (note the tilt) spinner applies MUCH more force than a manual squeeze and can open and close the tool without opening the handles when working in tight spaces. Tilt lets ya spin the T-handle with your palm and is easy to use wearing welding gloves. I do all my visegrips similarly.
    Attached Files
  • drivermark
    • May 2015

Damn good idea thanks

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
    Working...
    ;