CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

View Poll Results: What's you're go to tool brand?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dewalt

1 7.69%
  • Kobalt

0 0%
  • Craftsman

4 30.77%
  • Snap On

3 23.08%
  • Metabo HPT/Hitachi

0 0%
  • Porter Cable

1 7.69%
  • Harbor Freight brands

1 7.69%
  • Milwaukee

2 15.38%
  • Bosch

0 0%
  • Black and Decker

0 0%
  • Ryobi

1 7.69%
  • Ridgid

0 0%
  • Makita

0 0%
  • Skil

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I used the Neiko torque Adapter to rebuild my shovel.. Because I didn't have a wrench that went that high at the time. It is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The quality seemed good and I roughly compared it to my clickers on the low end of the scale, and it was accurate. Or, it matched what I had, anyway.

It seems like a good tool. Quality seems good. I'd buy it. I think highly of their brand so far.

Get Adobe Flash player

Edit--I do like the Milwaukee brand tools and have the impact/drill combo, built a shed, remodeled a bathroom, use it at least 4-5 times a week for assembly and drop it probably once a month. It's held up great under winter use just keep the battery indoors when not in use.
    Stuff I've broke: USA craftsman box end wrenches, a crescent wrench, and all my 1/4in drive ratchets--so I've gotta fix all that. Haven't broke any 3/8 drive stuff or half inch, nor any sockets. My JET spindle sander is also been a raging pile of shit from day one, haven't hardly replaced paper and the table is all ready broke. Any heavy equip. definitely try to buy heavy duty USA used.
    I tend to buy USA and like Mac/Snapon/Williams tops, second is Craftsman, third is HF tools--most of those are 1-3 star tools and only have those because it's the only game in town because they put the USA supplier out of business.
    Last edited by seaking; 09-30-2021 at 2:16 PM.

With my Metabo miter saw I bought, I built a workbench out of some old porch wood I've been saving. The wood would've cost me what I have in the saw if I bought it these days. It just needs sanded and a coat of paint, some casters, hooks for hanging stuff and a vise put on it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211004_033720.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	105746 glad I bought the saw.

I still need to pick up a sawzall, a drill and an impact and I'm pretty much set for a while anyway until I decide what to get next.

Hopefully people just starting out can use this thread to pick tools if they need to. I'm not sure if any of you all watch these Projectfarmvideos, but if you can't decide on a tool/product l, I always see if he's got a video about what I'm looking for. Here's one: https://youtu.be/xtZ2jh_J7XE

Get Adobe Flash player

Anyone have any experience with Cornwell tools?

Quote Originally Posted by 7and7is View Post
    In the old days, post WWII, a top brand, right up there with SnapOn. I don't know how they rate now. I've got some Cornwell from my dad's tool set.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes.. A lot, actually.

They were a great tool. I have a bunch of them still from decades ago when I painted cars.

The selling point back then was they actually made them. Claimed to have their own foundry.

But, I dunno what has changed in the time since.

I have a 1/2" drive flex head ratchet with the long handle and it's great. Got it about 12 years ago from my otherwise pretty worthless son-in-law for Christmas so it's the only Cornwell tool I have. I'd definitely be on the look out for used tools from them, they are a little too pricey new for me.

Share This