CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default NON-pneumatic bagger shocks for 2002 FLHTPI?

Old Nam vet in rough shape (79 and diabetic) wants to make what may be his last run on a well-thrashed 2002 FLHTPI with a Mototeks trike kit that appears to have been installed by drunk children.

He doesn't care for the provided, now leaky, 14" air shocks so I'm looking for a decent coil spring solution. Not chasing an ideal fix, but he's got plenty of cash and doesn't mind spending it.

Any non-pneumatic (preferably bottom-adjustable because there's little clearance) 14" shocks out there ya like for baggers? The trike factor doesn't matter since the sprung weight is little different.

BTW shock swapping is horrid because the kit body blocks bolt head access and the kit places the subframe supports on the replacement shock bolts outboard of the shock eye. If I ever need to mount one I'll weld adapter fittings to the motorcycle frame instead.

I ordered socket head replacements so I can steer the top bolts with an allen bit (sockets suck for that).
    Last edited by farmall; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:43 AM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I know the usual options.

I was asking because 33ers build oddball shit like naked baggers with tall suspensions.

Progressive's engineer (their tech support is quick) suggested "412-4012C Chrome 14.25" Standard Replacement" so I ordered a pair. I'll post if they work decently.

Pic shows the lovely "welds" the installer make on the exhaust brackets. The more I look into this turd the scarier it gets. The weld facing the viewer had failed but I beat the bracket straight to measure it so it looks much better in the photo. (Walker car parts on order to replace all that.)

Worth noting is owner was otherwise happy with the Monroe Max Air 48785-R P1281L-1G car shocks but wants to ditch the air. They're 14" so someone building a different HD might have use for that style as they're under 100 bucks a pair for most. I don't see a match online but their old Corvette shocks look close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trikebrackets1.jpg  
    Last edited by farmall; 4 Weeks Ago at 8:19 AM.

Share This