Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

Originally posted by JBinNC
    That looks very similar to mine. Early, no gauge on the spindle. The ID gauge mounted to the right of the motor, if included in the deal, is worth more than the machine itself.

Jim
    Oh yeah.. The auctioneer didn't want to close it at 300 bucks. He actually stopped the auction and said: "Come on, guys.. The gauge is worth 700 bucks? No interest? Nobody?"

lol

Comment

• confab
      • May 2019

Originally posted by Hoghead
      On a roll!
      Now I need a Clausing Mini Mill..

One day, I'll find a deal on one.

Comment

• JBinNC
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by confab
        Oh yeah.. The auctioneer didn't want to close it at 300 bucks. He actually stopped the auction and said: "Come on, guys.. The gauge is worth 700 bucks? No interest? Nobody?"

lol
        Hope you bought it!

Jim

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

Originally posted by JBinNC
          Hope you bought it!

Jim
          Oh yeah.. We're taking a mini vacation/adventure tomorrow night/monday to pick it up.

The auctioneer is a massive, industrial, outfit.. They livestreamed audio of the whole thing.

And I think nobody there bidding knew what it was. But the auctioneer sure did!

I forget which lot that passed.. But it was a really nice, giant lathe.. He stopped the auction a couple of times over it. He begged people to bid on it. He didn't want to pass it. He ended up begging for anything: "Two fifty.. Will anybody give me 250 for this? Anyone?"

Pretty incredible. it came up after my lot.

I think it was one of these two:

Comment

• rockman96
            • May 2018

Holy cow, a real live Sunnen!!! Congrats! Did it come with any bars/hones?

Comment

• Peterson13
              • Dec 2009

Big lathes are great,years ago, I ran a Binns & Berry, I was reworking oil tools. Also a Axelson “oil field” lathe. Thing hasnt been under power for 25 years but I still have it. Tried running a VTL for short time. A lot of using PI tapes-

Comment

• confab
                • May 2019

Originally posted by rockman96
                Holy cow, a real live Sunnen!!! Congrats! Did it come with any bars/hones?
                I counted about 19 on the cart?

I hope none of that stuff walks off before I can show up on Monday..

Comment

• confab
                  • May 2019

Any machinist types got a line on where I can download the manual for a Sunnen Model 666 hone?

Comment

• JBinNC
                    • Dec 2018

Any machinist types got a line on where I can download the manual for a Sunnen Model 666 hone?
                    I have never been able to find one for my machine. Your best bet is to go to the Sunnen website and read the material available on honing, and that information is extensive.

Jim

Comment

• JBinNC
                      • Dec 2018

www.vintagemachinery.org has some manuals and other information. Go to the manufacturers index and click Sunnen.

Jim

Comment

• confab
                        • May 2019

Thanks, JB!! That's a great website.

They don't have my model, but they have something almost the same and with the same controls.

Comment

• confab
                          • May 2019

Oh my gosh, there's just so much stuff out there right now. There's just a total glut of machine tools. I can't believe it.

If you're wanting to build your shop out? Check the auctions and FB market place. A total, total buyer's market.

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Markets are regional so be glad you're in a good one.

Comment

• confab
                              • May 2019

Actually, I'm irked at all the good deals that are too far away to remain good deals when physical retrieval is figured in..

Seriously.. If you want something for your shop, now's a good time.

Check the industrial auctions. I only wish I had an economical way to pack things back from NY, NJ, TX and CA!!!

Comment

• rockman96
                                • May 2018

Actually, I'm irked at all the good deals that are too far away to remain good deals when physical retrieval is figured in..

Seriously.. If you want something for your shop, now's a good time.

Check the industrial auctions. I only wish I had an economical way to pack things back from NY, NJ, TX and CA!!!
                                Fastenal can be a good place to check with for shipping. Weight does factor in, obviously, but not as much as the size... If you can fit whatever you are shipping on a standard size pallet, it can be extremely reasonable.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;