CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Cannot catch a God damn break

So it has been three weeks since the heart attack and I am healing really well. Today I decided to take the scoot out for a short ride, just going to pick up some oil and get her good and warmed up.

Stupid 20 something woman must have decided motorcycles can fly. I was doing about 35 down a four lane road and she swears she did not see me. I looked right fucking at her and she looked right at me, then pulled in front of me, only thing I could do was lock up the rear and do a three point slide into the side of her car rather than going head into it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1595.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	105410

Name:	IMG_1591.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	105411

Name:	IMG_1592.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	105412

Name:	IMG_1593.jpg 
Size:	307.2 KB 
ID:	105413

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	105414

Front end toast, pipes toast, kicker shaft toast, air cleaner toast, my gorgeous Unity headlight toast, paint on front fender toast.

The amazing thing is she started first kick and I was able to limp the 4 miles home on her.

I am waiting for my SIL to get home to look at the puncture on the left leg but I think I am ok. Scariest part was I was pinned half under her car with the bike on top of me and I felt her trying to pull away. Then three guys jumped out of their cars had her stop and pulled the bike off me.

FUCK FUCK FUCK and FUCK
    Last edited by DoomBuggy; 08-04-2020 at 3:06 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    So it has been three weeks since the heart attack and I am healing really well. Today I decided to take the scoot out for a short ride, just going to pick up some oil and get her good and warmed up.

Stupid 20 something woman must have decided motorcycles can fly. I was doing about 35 down a four lane road and she swears she did not see me. I looked right fucking at her and she looked right at me, then pulled in front of me, only thing I could do was lock up the rear and do a three point slide into the side of her car rather than going head into it.

Name:	IMG_1595.jpg 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	105410

Name:	IMG_1591.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	105411

Name:	IMG_1592.jpg 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	105412

Name:	IMG_1593.jpg 
Size:	307.2 KB 
ID:	105413

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	105414

Front end toast, pipes toast, kicker shaft toast, air cleaner toast, my gorgeous Unity headlight toast, paint on front fender toast.

The amazing thing is she started first kick and I was able to limp the 4 miles home on her.

I am waiting for my SIL to get home to look at the puncture on the left leg but I think I am ok. Scariest part was I was pinned half under her car with the bike on top of me and I felt her trying to pull away. Then three guys jumped out of their cars had her stop and pulled the bike off me.

FUCK FUCK FUCK and FUCK
    Jesus Harry, what a bummer. There are some dumb assholes out there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Holy shit.. Glad you're okay.

I see this all the time. I think we all do.

People just don't drive as well as they used to? The roads are filled with people who are almost indifferent to the traffic around them.

Get Adobe Flash player

shit man , sorry to here this, hope you are well, get that ins co, makem pay...............

Get Adobe Flash player

SIL, says my call, no stitches but a big ass scar or go to the hospital for stitches, shit chicks dig scars so I am good to go.

I now see that the air cleaner was bent by my other leg, that looks like a sausage, but again nothing too serious.

Now comes the hard part, dealing with insurance, hey maybe the frame is bent, would just have to get a new one from Jesse,lol.

Get Adobe Flash player

that just sucks.....glad your ok....could have been much worse. Hope the insurance adjuster just rolls over and writes a big fat check

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd go to hospital or your own doc to document the injury then call a contingency fee lawyer and GET PAID. Fuck that manly man shit. Your pain and suffering should be worth something. You began the day with a good leg and a good motorcycle. At least Panheads are narrow!

The bigger the insurance appraisal the better of course, and if they try to total it I'd either take a little less and not total it or do a buyback deal. The insurance company doesn't want the bike, they just want to get the transaction over with and not paying to take a wreck to auction is a win for them.

Might be time for some upgraded front brakes while you're at it. They do most of the braking due to weight transfer (the same reason your rear wheel locked and ceased to be useful for stopping) and the old single disc brakes don't stop for shit. They weren't even considered good when they were new in an era of much less dense traffic.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post

........... Send that puppy back, it's defective !!! ..........

.../// https://youtu.be/_b3T7u4ZJ1Y \\\...

Get Adobe Flash player

Send that puppy back, it's defective !!!

I've always said all the bell does is call the gremlins to you...........

Get Adobe Flash player

Hope not ...

Get Adobe Flash player

Hope not ...
    Those were great cars....

This is my Gremlin repeller......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-010S.JPG  

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for the well wishes all. A few more pics. You can see how the front end and then the exhaust took most of the impact ( along with my hide! ) Forks are definitely bent and based on the fluid that poured out I am guessing one of the lowers is busted as well.

Name:	IMG_1606.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	105439

Name:	IMG_1605.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	105438

I will say this, the Harley looks a lot better than the Chevy Cruise, good ol'American steel baby!
    Last edited by DoomBuggy; 08-05-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    I'd go to hospital or your own doc to document the injury then call a contingency fee lawyer and GET PAID. Fuck that manly man shit. Your pain and suffering should be worth something. You began the day with a good leg and a good motorcycle. At least Panheads are narrow!

The bigger the insurance appraisal the better of course, and if they try to total it I'd either take a little less and not total it or do a buyback deal. The insurance company doesn't want the bike, they just want to get the transaction over with and not paying to take a wreck to auction is a win for them.
    Some wisdom here! I wish i'd made fuckers pay in the past.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    I will say this, the Harley looks a lot better than the Chevy Cruise, good ol'American steel baby!

Yes they are...... And it sounds like your ticker is holding up just fine also............. That was a lot of stress......

That's awesome, Glad your ok.........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    And it sounds like your ticker is holding up just fine also............. That was a lot of stress......
    That was the great thing, they took my blood pressure right there on the spot after I told them I had just had a H.A. and it was actually pretty low. I am going to attribute that to years of racing and keeping my cool during the crash. The only time I was stressed was when I was pinned, but the kill button and the gas petcock were at my fingertips so even that was manageable.

Get Adobe Flash player

Crap Doom! Glad you're okay. I swear sometimes people are just too much in a hurry or their mind is on dinner or getting laid or a cold beer and they just don't see what they're looking at. Wishful thinking the lane is open or maybe they figure I'll just move because they outweigh me. Whatever. Hope she pays dearly and you don't have any delayed symptoms.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, I can see from here that the fork really is toast ....

Maybe it's time to put an order in for one of these ... ??

It's just an idea ...
    Comes fully chromed for under two grand and is in stock ....

Add a few goodies, and be looking as good as Tattoo's Pan .....
    Last edited by Dragstews; 08-05-2020 at 7:54 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, I can see from here that the fork really is toast ....

Maybe it's time to put an order in for one of these ... ??

It's just an idea ...
    Comes fully chromed for under two grand and is in stock ....

Welp, I stood behind the bike and looking at the two piece seat I'm guessing I tweaked the frame as well. The portion anchored to the seat post section of the frame is now out of alignment with the portion anchored to the rear fender. Adjuster and I are going to be having good fun with this I can tell already.

So....repo '56 straight leg frame may be in order. For front end I am thinking dual disk wide glide. As Farmall says above I need to better stopping than the single pie slice caliper gave me. I am thinking a single mech brake on a pogo stick, while good looking, is not the right answer, lol. Sure does look good on Tat's bike though

Get Adobe Flash player

A Wide Glide with Wiseman's slick six piston Tokico kit (ya can always remove the name from the calipers) would stop very nicely. Looks of disc brakes are very much about the rotors and there is plenty of choice.

I'd save the old frame for straightening of course (modern machines with lasers can be more accurate than the factory but a frame jig will do) but those Edlunds Drag sells are gorgeous. Maybe you two could get together for an appraisal as Drag is qualified much more than an adjuster to determine value as that is a specialty bike. Insurance companies typically don't ask about straightening or refuse to pay for it because of liability, and I (of course) would be "terrified" of running a straightened frame and only feel secure with a new one. It's perfectly legitimate to put the price of an Edlund (which is "like kind and quality" to the original) as the price of a replacement frame as the ins. co. can't oblige you to search.

LABOR is where the money is. Remember for estimates it's all as if you're paying a pro for the entire job and not touching a thing. Produce a detailed estimate with parts and labor (which is work so I'd happily pay for that too).

The disassembly and reassembly of a motorcycle ain't cheap, nor is a new paint job matching what's there at retail if there is any damage. The price to produce that exact front end (buy used forks, rebuild, plating, etc is more money.

I have "cash register eyes" and so should you if ya want that money.
    We don't buy insurance not to use it. We're betting we're gonna crash and the insurance company is betting enough of us don't they'll make money, and the house wins to the tune of billions of dollars so don't be shy.

Once the total exceeds the cost of a new aircraft carrier you have negotiating room. Your personal injury lawyer can help with the rest and advice on insurance compensation. If they try to lowball you in a manner not to your satisfaction a lawyer letter might help. Getting correctly compensated per your legal entitlement is perfectly legitimate but most folks haven't worked where they learn the details.
    Last edited by farmall; 08-06-2020 at 5:25 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Jesse.......... Yes his bike would look awesome with an I beam springer........

Share This