CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Did you come to terms with the need for a front brake? Some idiot recently convinced me of the value of such a thing.
    Damn dude, lots of this going around! I hope you and your scoot are ok.

I have been talking with doctors non stop for the last couple of weeks and have a follow up, unfortunately this accident has brought my riding days to an end. My knees have been fixed several times over the years, remnants of a youth filled with motorcycle racing, catching baseball games, and a mishap in the Army which shattered one of my kneecaps.

This accident re-damaged one of the knees to the point where I have been told it is no longer safe for me to support a motorcycle's weight. (Right now it takes a major effort just to get up and down the stairs.) Basically if I needed the leg in an emergency situation it will collapse. The choices I was given were give up motorcycles ( and a few other activities ) or go for a knee replacement. The knee will get somewhat stronger over time, but not if I continue to push it. On top of everything, after the heart attack they won't even consider knee replacement until next year.

I will be putting a new set of fork tubes on the bike along with replacing anything that was broken and if she tracks straight then I will figure out the best way to sell her. Not sure if eBay or one of the auction houses will be the best way to go.

I really want to thank everyone here for welcoming me to the forum and the support they have given. Also a shout out to Jesse for working with me over the last couple of years to get Brown Sugar running perfectly!

Till we meet again,
    -H
    (aka Doombuggy )

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry to hear that, Doombuggy. Nothing sucks like a mobility issue.

I broke a toe once and it still gives me problems from time to time. Can't imagine how bad a knee must be.

Hopefully you'll be back in a year with a new bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Man that sucks doom...... Until next time...... Stay healthy and safe.......

Get Adobe Flash player

Wow, i'm gutted for you. Stay safe, mate.

damn that sucks. I figure the next best thing to a motorcycle car wise would be a 1929 to 32 ford highboy roadster. If I remember right I think the 30-31 had an accessory lay down windshield. Just a thought

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    Damn dude, lots of this going around! I hope you and your scoot are ok.

Till we meet again,
    -H
    (aka Doombuggy )
    I'm OK, happy to have a brake on the front and a clear lane to escape! Sorry to hear about your knee, sounded like it was just a flesh wound in the beginning. A Trike is always a option? Anyway, hope you heal up and get back on the road.

Get Adobe Flash player

Doom,

It's like a punch to the gut reading that your riding days may be over. Don't be a stranger to this place... We cant miss you if you don't go away!

"Enjoy every sandwich"

-Warren Zevon

Get Adobe Flash player

Dang, Doom.
    So sorry to hear about all the awful luck! Do you think you'll get a knee replacement when they let you?
    There are more roads!!

Get Adobe Flash player

I really think there is a way around this .. !!!

What's in the Box .. ?!?!

Harry ... Skin dat cat ... !!

They come in prime color with windshield, black tire, wire wheel, fender, black seat and back rest. The sidecar comes with four universal mounting brackets and hardware.

We've been using them for a couple of years. They are metal but they do not have the company name that built them written on them anywhere. As you can see it fits perfect on Harley Davidson and Indian Motorcycles. We posted some pictures to give you some ideas of what we do with this sidecar, but the Sky is the limit. There is storage behind the back seat, you can install an extra battery, stereo, or even speakers. At this price ($2950) you can't go wrong...

Dimensions:
    Body
    W 16" L 72" H 14"
    Frame
    W 23" L 40"
    Floor Bord
    4" X 7"
    Spoke Wheel
    1.85 x 19"

Item location:
    Miami Beach, Florida, United States

Got a bud that lives in Miami that can pack it to the shop ...
    (Just saying, Free Shipping at least to me)
    Last edited by Dragstews; 10-05-2020 at 6:36 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Damn it man I have read this with nothing but sorrow to add, until now! You may feel its cheating,but I must say my 4 rides on this girl before teardown felt illegal and fucking thrilling.How about I get the motor finished this winter and I ride it out to Ya.Fuck the haters dip into the funk again(I know you got can) and go for a trike.Maybe put a turbo on yours!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0981.jpg   IMG_0986.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post

There is storage behind the back seat, you can install an extra battery.
    Be a great place for stuffing a batt. for one of these ...

I like dat idea ^^ a lot ... (And that's all it is "An Idea")

Get Adobe Flash player

I will be a cripple in say ten years max so I'm getting ready. When the knee or leg go (no issues so far) I'll have a sidehack ready unless it's a surprise injury. Kick starting is an annoying chore (customer bikes made me hate that shit) so everything is gradually getting Denso starters. In the vintage British world I read of many selling their scoots because they can't bear to improve them (lacking electric start is a defect, BMW and Guzzi had them early and Indian had the very first so the rest have no excuse) or add a hack. (Meanwhile the classic sidehack buffs are still riding with zero fucks given, they are not slaves to fashion.)

No one can contend trikes aren't chopulent either as the shank1kole Kawi quite fucking tastefully demonstrates. Amputees and paraplegics still ride so I'd feel like a bitch if I quit. If my back gives out it's quite practical to install an air ride seat in a sidecar if necessary, or I'll build a trike They're just machines which exist to serve me and modern trike rear ends are pretty sweet. Trikes can be set up for recumbent seating to be easy on your back. Most bikers pretend life doesn't include doom. Not this one. Mechanical problems have mechanical solutions. I'll sit on the porch when I'd ready to die there.

A motorcycle is just a machine and machines are not static. Ditch that four speed for a five or six speed with electric reverse and delicious Denso (which are also used on electric reverses). Not needing a kicker means not needing a four speed which means the lovely world of belt drive five/six speed conversions opens up.

If you have to source a frame anyway trikes are easy to sell (choppers are mostly a boomer hobby) so sampling trike life would be pretty painless and modern trike rear axles are designed for belt or chain use as you prefer. At least one has Dana 44 guts (I forget which) which is plenty of overkill. BTW trikes can go places two wheelers work harder like sand roads and soft ground. Width excepted they're often more capable vehicles.

Note to everyone else, think about when ya cannot ride what you have and plan ahead. You're mechanics. Handle yer business. Nothing on a bike is as hard as car shit.

Get Adobe Flash player

Seen some pretty classy Servicar projects.

Get Adobe Flash player

Some of these things are cool as shit.. They're classic iron and they're all Harley.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	servicar.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	106614

Get Adobe Flash player

There's a idea too ...

photo of paughco TKS128 wishbone rigid trike frame for harley-davidson engines and transmissions

Rigid Trike Frames

These rigid trike frames feature a 1"-dia- meter backbone with 1 1/8"-diameter frame rails and downtubes. They're available in 4-speed and 5-speed versions with your choice of straight leg or wishbone front downtubes. The 5-speed frames use 1986-1999 Softail oil tanks, and the 4-speed frames use early-style 4-speed oil tanks. They do not include gas tank mounts, so you're free to express your creativity..... pick a custom tank from our huge selection, or make your own.

These frames are designed specifically for Paughco's US-made axle assemblies. The design possibilities are endless with these new trike frames..... let us build one for you.

Last edited by Dragstews; 10-07-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm getting up there in birthdays so I have this extended '60 Servi in reserve. Yeah, they're slow.
    I plan to putt around town with a line of irate commuters behind me honking their horns.
    Or I'll do all the Victory Library mods, stroke it, etc and be the town terror.
    Thinking of building a wood truck bed to hold my prescriptions.

Get Adobe Flash player

That's got loads of potential...lets not forget the wheelie bars
    Last edited by Fetch; 10-07-2020 at 8:06 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks all,

Believe me when I tell you I have looked at a sidecar really, really hard, but it is still going to be an issue. A trike, while cool is kind of like my old dresser, just not really who I am.

I will no doubt end up with some kind of car to play with once things stabilize around here, perhaps an old TR3A or an Austin Healey 3000 replica with a V8, who knows... The question there will be, am I able to work a clutch or not.

I am just happy things are not worse then they are and hey, you play hard when you are young, you sometimes pay hard as you age, right! As the one Doctor told me, they can do a lot for me, but they cannot make me 20 years old again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good choice, TR3, closest thing to bike on 4 wheels.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post

The question there will be, am I able to work a clutch or not.

THE ORIGINAL AUTO CLUTCH MANUFACTURER
    Celebrating 20+ years of making auto clutches !

COMPLETELY AUTOMATIC CLUTCH
    * No need to use your clutch lever
    * More holding power than stock
    * Electric or Kick Start for Harleys
    * Ideal for disabled riders & jockey shifts
    * Harley & Metric Applications
    ... ALL BIKES ! ...

Got one here in da shop .. Came off a Knucklehead Chop ....

Also made by .....

Last edited by Dragstews; 10-07-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Share This