Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaneakm31
    • Sep 2021

Harley frame identification

I got this Harley Frame in a trade a few years back. It has no serial numbers on it and looks to be in factory paint with zero grind marks and ideas.
    Attached Files
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Nice frame........ It looks like a pre 1970 to me..... Look on the top motor mount and see if there are any numbers. 2 of them usually.

A much better and more pics would help a LOT..........

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

By the way close up pics of both sides of the neck would be great......... Does it have a neck lock?????

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

65 to 69 would be my guess .. ??
        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• JBinNC
          • Dec 2018

Because of the FX horn mount and the lack of a rear brake line boss, I would put this frame around '78 to '80. It should have a serial number on the right side of the neck casting. If it is a '60s frame, it will have an ID number in a small font on the left side of the neck. That number can easily be obscured by paint. It should have the date code that tattooo mentioned above.

My impression is that it is a late '70s frame, and if it has no serial number, it will only be trouble.

Jim

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JBinNC
            Because of the FX horn mount and the lack of a rear brake line boss,

Jim
            I thought I also seen the horn mount but the pic is so far back it was hard for me to tell......... But that's why I wanted more pics............ Good eye.........

Comment

• shaneakm31
              • Sep 2021

Upon further inspection, I found these numbers. Nothing on the top motor mount tab and no lock neck. Did any aftermarket companies produce a swing arm frame?
              Attached Files

Comment

• JBinNC
                • Dec 2018

Next to last pic, your frame has a bracket for the ignition module. That would make it '80 and up. You need to scrape the paint off the right side of the neck casting and see if you can find the serial number or a vestige of the number. It had to have had one, and if it's gone, legally the frame is worthless. You could make a motor stand or test stand out of it.

Jim

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by shaneakm31
                  Upon further inspection, I found these numbers. Nothing on the top motor mount tab and no lock neck. Did any aftermarket companies produce a swing arm frame?
                  Take a little further back pic of the right side of the neck.......... I'd be willing to say I know what they did........... Yes people did make aftermarket swingarm frames...... I'd say yours is a factory Harley frame...........

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...