CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Electrical? Custome wiring harness.

Whatís up guys

I have a chopped 2001 sportster 1200 c

I recently bought the Sportster Treatment custom wiring harness for my bike.

Details-my bike already had all the blinkers gauges and sensors eliminated. The OG harness was still there. Extra wires and all.

So i went step by step from the video and the install booklet.

Everything is hooked up correctly (?) everything is grounded correctly (?)

The battery is providing power.

When I turn the key nothing happens. No lights. No attempted turn over. Nothing. The circuit breaker does not arc when connected. But the battery does.

Iíve included the video provided by lowbrow if anyone cares to watch it to have some idea of whatís going on.

https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/blogs...son-sportsters

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Did they include a wiring diagram?

Can you follow it to your ignition switch and see if you have power there?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

A test light is your new friend............

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    A test light is your new friend............
    ^ +++ ^

Jim

Have you got a TSM or TSSM on your bike. I cant remember what year they started to put TSSMs on them but i know your loom wont work if it has security on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 93trident View Post
    Have you got a TSM or TSSM on your bike. I cant remember what year they started to put TSSMs on them but i know your loom wont work if it has security on it.
    thanks for the awesome information.

Quote Originally Posted by 93trident View Post
    2001 doesn't have a security function in the turn signal unit. The Sportster treatment kit deletes turn signals from the system.

I'd recommend reaching out to the guy who makes those Sportster Treatment kits, his IG is @apeknuckles_harnesses

My recommendation would be to disconnect all leads near the battery, and re-check you have the right leads connected to the right places. Battery has power which is good, which makes me think the key switch wires got connected wrong, or the main circuit breaker is faulty/connected wrong. Get a multimeter out there and start tracing power from the battery forward to find where you're losing the connection.

Share This