Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bucketlip
    • Feb 2014

1974-1977 ironhead front brake caliper

hello, i'm in need of a front brake caliper for a 1977 ironhead sportster. just wanted to check and see if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with. either the whole caliper PN 44089-74 or even just the outer caliper PN 44273-74 i believe some call it the pie slice caliper. thanks
  • tzienlee
    • Mar 2024

unless your doing a resto job I wouldn't fita pie slice caliper, they are a shit brake, if you can afford it I'd look at upgrading, I'd even go as far as swapping fork sliders for FXS twin disc, with the better caliper options they afford you

Comment

• bucketlip
      • Feb 2014

tzienlee, an upgrade may be an option in the future, but for now id like to just stick with the stock brake. i was just hoping someone might have one laying around that they wont be using. thanks

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

This may be of interest:

Rebuilding A Sportster Caliper
        Article by Mark Trotta

This article covers the disc brake "pie-slice" caliper found on 1974 thru 1977 Harley-Davidson Sportsters and FX models. Rebuilding the caliper includes removal, disassembly, cleaning, inspection, reassembly, re-install, and bleeding.."

Click image for larger version

Name:	xsportster-caliper-rebuild.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cCyrWjRO3u.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1320124

How to rebuild a Harley brake caliper, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, Sportster, Super Glide, pie slice
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...