CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default who wrote the chopper builders handbook?

anybody know?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    anybody know?
    Who wrote it or where did all the info in it come from?????????

It should be on the book who published it and when................

Get Adobe Flash player

Gary, can't remember his last name. Very knowledgeable guy. I think he goes by Smiley on this forum. I believe he has contact information on his site.

Get Adobe Flash player

Do you mean Custom Chopper Cookbook?

I've never actually seen a physical Chopper Builders handbook. But if you are referring to the website, https://www.chopperbuildershandbook.com/, this is on the credits page-

https://www.chopperbuildershandbook.com/credits1.html

Ken Venus: (aka Blaksmith) Of Biker Radio Magazine fame, close friend and master builder.

Dan Woosley: (aka Budoka) Master builder and computer guru.

Chris Croft: (aka Krymis) College Prof and master fabricator.

Mark Foran: (aka Indian Mark) Master fabricator and bike builder.

John Stuart: (aka Hose Dragger) Master craftsman, designer, fabricator and builder.

Craig Irish: (aka Irish) Master builder and Porsche guru.

Glen Hughes: (aka Boner) Master builder.

Nick Stringer: (aka Sparks) Master fabricator

Scott Pennebaker: (aka Concrete Guy) Master fabricator.

Al Wilkerson: (aka Big Al) Bitter End Old School Chopper fame.

John Weerstra: Web site graphics and format designs.

Terry Goode: Web site graphics and format designs.

Mark Sweet: (aka Knuckle) Vast amounts of technical information. (He also builds Helicopters).

Dave Wenzel: Critical parts supplier par excellence.

Tom Tobey: Sportster development project co-partner. (Call him if you have a fire).

Brent Nootenboom: (aka Brentoxicated) WL Frame project co-partner.

Rocky: Indian Sport Scout Development Project co-partner (An Indian expert.)

Gonzo: A deep well of knowledge and a skilled craftsman (See our link page)

Scott Brayshaw: Graphics design and custom painting. (See our link page)

We also want to thank those professional builders and designers who have helped in our efforts to freely share information about building Choppers and these are:

Steve Spence: (aka Mechwerks) Steve has helped literally thousands of prospective builders without compensation and been an extremely active participant at several discussion boards over the years. We all appreciate that he shares his experience without expecting something in return which is what Chopper building is all about to begin with.

Big Daddy Al Wilkerson: of Bitter End Old School Choppers: When you call Al's shop you usually end up talking to the man himself and he is not selfish with his time. This is a builder who understands what building Choppers is all about and he appreciates where we're all coming from. When you need help with almost anything this is the guy to call first.

Chris Croft: (aka Krymis) Chris is the man to go to if you have any technical questions about Chopper history from a technological standpoint as he is the 'Smithsonian' of all things related to the development of Chopper hardware over the past five decades. I honestly suspect that some day he'll have his own museum.

Ed Roth: I can't really say much that hasn't already been said by others but this guy was one of a kind for sure and never hesitated to entertain punk kids with questions. He told me that "if you can imagine it, then you can build it". He was a master of the junkyard and turned trash into art. If anything was 'high-tech' he figured out a way to make it 'low-buck' so the average builder could do it at home and he told us how to do stuff in an easy to understand manner. He understood how to communicate with us home-builders. If you don't know about Ed Roth you're missing out on a huge slice of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Do you mean Custom Chopper Cookbook?

I've never actually seen a physical Chopper Builders handbook. But if you are referring to the website, https://www.chopperbuildershandbook.com/, this is on the credits page-

https://www.chopperbuildershandbook.com/credits1.html

Ken Venus: (aka Blaksmith) Of Biker Radio Magazine fame, close friend and master builder.

Dan Woosley: (aka Budoka) Master builder and computer guru.

Chris Croft: (aka Krymis) College Prof and master fabricator.

Mark Foran: (aka Indian Mark) Master fabricator and bike builder.

John Stuart: (aka Hose Dragger) Master craftsman, designer, fabricator and builder.

Craig Irish: (aka Irish) Master builder and Porsche guru.

Glen Hughes: (aka Boner) Master builder.

Nick Stringer: (aka Sparks) Master fabricator

Scott Pennebaker: (aka Concrete Guy) Master fabricator.

Al Wilkerson: (aka Big Al) Bitter End Old School Chopper fame.

John Weerstra: Web site graphics and format designs.

Terry Goode: Web site graphics and format designs.

Mark Sweet: (aka Knuckle) Vast amounts of technical information. (He also builds Helicopters).

Dave Wenzel: Critical parts supplier par excellence.

Tom Tobey: Sportster development project co-partner. (Call him if you have a fire).

Brent Nootenboom: (aka Brentoxicated) WL Frame project co-partner.

Rocky: Indian Sport Scout Development Project co-partner (An Indian expert.)

Gonzo: A deep well of knowledge and a skilled craftsman (See our link page)

Scott Brayshaw: Graphics design and custom painting. (See our link page)

We also want to thank those professional builders and designers who have helped in our efforts to freely share information about building Choppers and these are:

Steve Spence: (aka Mechwerks) Steve has helped literally thousands of prospective builders without compensation and been an extremely active participant at several discussion boards over the years. We all appreciate that he shares his experience without expecting something in return which is what Chopper building is all about to begin with.

Big Daddy Al Wilkerson: of Bitter End Old School Choppers: When you call Al's shop you usually end up talking to the man himself and he is not selfish with his time. This is a builder who understands what building Choppers is all about and he appreciates where we're all coming from. When you need help with almost anything this is the guy to call first.

Chris Croft: (aka Krymis) Chris is the man to go to if you have any technical questions about Chopper history from a technological standpoint as he is the 'Smithsonian' of all things related to the development of Chopper hardware over the past five decades. I honestly suspect that some day he'll have his own museum.

Ed Roth: I can't really say much that hasn't already been said by others but this guy was one of a kind for sure and never hesitated to entertain punk kids with questions. He told me that "if you can imagine it, then you can build it". He was a master of the junkyard and turned trash into art. If anything was 'high-tech' he figured out a way to make it 'low-buck' so the average builder could do it at home and he told us how to do stuff in an easy to understand manner. He understood how to communicate with us home-builders. If you don't know about Ed Roth you're missing out on a huge slice of life.
    And not forgetting Gary Weishaupt..

Get Adobe Flash player

I saw a post from a guy who said he ran the website in the "Junk Pile" once.. And I think the crash wiped it out.

Doesn't seem to post a lot, but he is a member.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's an outstanding resource.

BTW anything can vanish from the internet so if you want to save any content you like, do the necessary.

Websites can easily go down and if backups corrupt or hit with ransomware might not be rebuilt or rebuilt with the same content.

Get Adobe Flash player

Buy the CD/downloads, they're well worth the money.
    And you won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by drivermark; 09-15-2021 at 8:46 AM.

Share This