CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

There's three boats, which one??? Do you work in Cincy, close to Sayler Park or Anderson Ferry??? 56 is pretty rough in spots.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

More near the one in Lawrenceburg. And I used to.

I worked for decades in Cincy and NKY. I'm actually from Delhi.

BOY.. Has that place changed since I was a kid.

Price Hill was nice back then.

10 years riding a 79 ironhead with a 4" stretch weld on hardtail and a stock length repop springer. I live in a relatively remote area in Scotland UK so you can imagine the roads I deal with up here. Also my riding buddies are typically 250-300 miles south in England so anytime I wanted to see them it was a 4 hour slog on a motorway at steady speeds of 60-80mph.

If your bike is built right and the rake / trail isnt completely ridiculous it should be ok. I always ran good tyres, made sure my springer was greased up right and every nut / bolt was torqued to spec along with steering head bearings regularly inspected and fall away set correct.

Quote Originally Posted by confab View Post
    More near the one in Lawrenceburg. And I used to.

I worked for decades in Cincy and NKY. I'm actually from Delhi.

BOY.. Has that place changed since I was a kid.

Price Hill was nice back then.
    Yeah, grew up in Fairmount, wasn't bad back then. If you grew up in Delhi, you should be able to find Riverview Trail off of Rapid Run, past the Middle School. Can't figure out how to PM you, text me at 513 706-0638, I have a Santee rigid you can take for a little spin.
    Last edited by 1954bmw; 09-02-2021 at 6:22 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 1954bmw View Post
    I have a Santee rigid you can take for a little spin.
    I thank you so much for the offer. That is truly generous and I appreciate it.

I don't ride other people's bikes because I wouldn't want something to happen to it. But, like the proverbial "they" say: It is the thought that counts. And I am so flattered that you would offer.

But I'm just going to build the hardtail and try it, I think?

I don't want a traditional swingarm bike and a softtail will add a lot of complexity and weight I don't want.

But thank you very much for the offer.

Get Adobe Flash player

PS: And PM's are a PITFA..

You have to go to the top of the forum and click messages and log in again.. Sometimes two or three times..

THEN (and only then), when you open someone's profile page, do you see the option to send them a PM.

If you just log into the forum you can post, but you can't PM.. For whatever reason.

Get Adobe Flash player

I dont have a Springer front end ( its slowly moving up to the top of the list)

My hard tail has a single mono shock for seat comfort. As long as the shock is adjust right, it's just as good as any Softail that I have ridden.

Get Adobe Flash player

That's innovative.

Get Adobe Flash player

This bike rides as smooth as ANY swingarm bike I have ever owned and it doesn't have any odd looking shocks under the seat...............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knuckle1.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    This bike rides as smooth as ANY swingarm bike I have ever owned and it doesn't have any odd looking shocks under the seat...............
    Awww man, You sound jelly

Its all in the eye of the beholder.

IMO, it's a lot better looking and better functioning then the springs and or air bags, but I do like the function of air bags and they can be adjusted

I don't have the fan base here like you do so I don't expect any positive post

I think OP is asking about function so I can say with 100% experience that the little, odd, mono shock works better then the 2 other methods...its simple and clean..

Stuffing 12# of shit in a 6# bag might work for some but it's no where near as good a mono shock, springs or air bags..I'm only speaking from experience.

Its all good

Good luck OP.

Last edited by golfish; 08-31-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by golfish View Post
    Awww man, You sound jelly

Its all in the eye of the beholder.

IMO, it's a lot better looking and better functioning then the springs and or air bags, but I do like the function of air bags and they can be adjusted

I don't have the fan base here like you do so I don't expect any positive post
    Man I don't have a fan base here believe me.........
    I said it looked odd I never said I didn't like it....... To be honest I like it way better than most I have seen...... Way better......... The further back pic makes me like it even better.............. Yours is really clean looking even the entire bike looks nice..........

Very nice
    Last edited by Tattooo; 08-31-2021 at 2:46 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Indiana always gives me a good belly laugh when I get down there, "BUMP" signs for the slightest road imperfection, smooth roads, the drivers are extremely courteous in the metro areas compared to Det/Chi dog eat dog traffic. I think you'll be ok, however that depends on the choices your make, your setup should have good tires, good road clearance and good brakes. The front end is the most important; the rest of the bike follows it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Man I don't have a fan base here believe me.........
    Come on man..you know everybody here loves you.

Get Adobe Flash player

Come on man..you know everybody here loves you.
    LOL I hear ya............ I really do like your seat set up....... You almost don't even see it unless you look for it....................

Get Adobe Flash player

I've never had my ridgid with girder over 110 mph, explosions of 80 year old engines cost too much. You just have to think a little more to ride a ridgid hard.
    Dusty

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks everyone for your help.

Stuff like this is confusing because, if you never rode one.. How do you know?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by confab View Post
    Stuff like this is confusing because, if you never rode one.. How do you know?
    Just the biggest mini bike in the world, my friend.

Get Adobe Flash player

I took another look at this pic. I didn't realize that it was a knucklehead...
    So I know we always dont like to mix purdy with function but God damn that's a beautiful engine. I'd trade you straight across for it..

I entered a car/bike show a couple years ago. Only about 15 bikes in the show. As soon as I saw the S&S Knucklehead I knew I didn't have a prayer
    Last edited by golfish; 09-02-2021 at 2:54 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I took another look at this pic. I didn't realize that it was a knucklehead...
    So I know we always dont like to mix purdy with function but God damn that's a beautiful engine. I'd trade you straight across for it..

LOL I think I'll hold on the it for a while longer.......
    This one is a real 1946 F Harley.... I was very lucky enough to buy it when I did before they shot up in price......... The guy I bought it from had had it since the early 1970s...... That is the style that it is for sure....... I knew it when I seen it.........

And yes they are beautiful...........

I have been building and riding Rigids for 45 years. I feel safer on a Rigid than a swingin arm simply because I know exactly where that rear end is.
    BS about low pressure for a rigid, I always ran no less than 5 lbs. lower than Max stated on tire, hitting a deep pothole is a cinch if you have good straight up posture or slight forward and ride with your legs under you- don't ride like you're on a Barka - lounger bike. Long forward controls will make you wish for foot boards.

Speed. You will feel a Great deal of control at High Speed -- 120 + - ..... Lotsa BS surrounding Rigids.

Share This