Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kimosobey
    • Jul 2018

1966 XLCH - the ziplock build

Welp like the title says, she's a 66, matching numbers. Non runner. Picked up last Friday and came with quiet a few extra parts. Been lurking on insta and come across a few xlch builds that are bitchin out there. She ran 2-3 years ago, came with all the paperwork, manuals, original seat and a few ziplock bags full of bolts with question marks written on them

One thing I'm currently figuring out is how to mount and route everything with this S&S Super B carb. Might go with a E if I cant get this one properly tuned. Could use any advise on how to tackle this little ironhead.

Last edited by Kimosobey; 08-28-2021, 7:05 PM.
  • JBinNC
    • Dec 2018

To run a B or E on a nine hunnert, the intermediate jet needs to be large, .031 or larger, and the main jet small, .064 - .066 or so. Keep making the intermediate jet larger until the motor quits spitting at cruise steady speed.

Jim

Comment

• Kimosobey
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by JBinNC
      To run a B or E on a nine hunnert, the intermediate jet needs to be large, .031 or larger, and the main jet small, .064 - .066 or so. Keep making the intermediate jet larger until the motor quits spitting at cruise steady speed.

Jim
      Thank you, I'll pull it apart and see what she's got inside currently

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Man that is a beauty.............. I bought a 68 XLCH a few weeks back................ Keep us posted..............

Comment

• Down
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Tattooo
          Man that is a beauty.............. I bought a 68 XLCH a few weeks back................ Keep us posted..............
          We're all just buying Ironheads now, huh?

Rad bike, I'm gonna be following along. Good luck. Mine has turned into a nest of issues and headaches, but I love it. Ironheads forever.

Comment

• Kimosobey
            • Jul 2018

Update - finally kicked her over today! About 30 mins later kicking over and over with the help of some starting fluid she purred. But fuck this thing is loud! Still have a ton of work to do. Paint, wiring, new brake shoes, one gasket leaking, etc etc....

Been learning a ton on these old irons.

and apparently forgot how to upload pictures on here

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...