• Hoghead
    • Jun 2015

9-11 Remembering

Click image for larger version

Name:	remember.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1347418

20 years on. Remembering the fallen , the injured, the bereaved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1347419

Rick, Son of Kernow, adopted son of the U.S.A. I remember you.
    Last edited by Hoghead; 09-11-2021, 4:28 AM.
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

I had just left Aon Corporation a month or so before the attack. Less then three months before I was in the towers myself for a meeting. Aon lost over 200 souls that day, both friends and acquaintances. May they rest in piece.

Comment

• Hoghead
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
      I had just left Aon Corporation a month or so before the attack. Less then three months before I was in the towers myself for a meeting. Aon lost over 200 souls that day, both friends and acquaintances. May they rest in piece.
      OMG-that's such a coincidence, my ex wife worked for Aon at the time of the attack. Her boss was in NY that day. May they rest in peace.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Photo by Pulsating Paula
        Last edited by Dragstews; 09-11-2021, 7:03 AM.
        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

If Americans don't improve their foreign policy (and of course intel operations) it can happen again. 9/11 was the result of a decades-long chain of mistakes motivated by greed, short-term thinking and senior leadership (political, civilian intel, military and more) incompetence.

Why it happened matters, but our nation doesn't take genuine interest in those things.

Al Qaeda won. The attacks were the most devastatingly effective act of hybrid warfare in history. They cost the target (us) trillions of dollars, thousands of lives, thousands more lives damaged and shortened, two wars (thanks to NeoCons exploiting the situation) which cost thousands of dead and many, many more wounded/TBI/PTSD casualties, and a permanently changed society.

Memory without change is not nearly enough because memory accomplishes nothing but emotional masturbation. Memory does not fix the problems. Memory does not change policy. Memory does not educate. Memory will not save future dead.

Memory in the US is just a ritual which becomes emptier over time. We are collectively no wiser, our foreign policy no more competent, and we still collectively suck Saudi Wahabi cock because of delicious oil and their strategic location across from another country our greedy, incompetent policies drove into the arms of Jihadists.

Want to do something useful to America? Take serious interest in what our government does in your name and that of those you love. Americans are responsible for what America does but most don't want to think about their civic duty in a democratic republic

That cultivated ignorance has consequences men like Rick Rescorla fight (Viet Nam) and die (WTC) to mitigate.

The Vietnam veteran helped save hundreds of lives on September 11th, before he was swallowed by the South Tower collapse. “For Rick Rescorla, this was a natural death,” his best friend said—a hero’s end.

Dan Hill says that Susan will understand someday, as he does. “What she doesn’t understand is that she knew him for four or five years. She knew a sixty-two-year-old man with cancer. I knew him as a hundred-and-eighty-pound, six-foot-one piece of human machinery that would not quit, that did not know defeat, that would not back off one inch. In the middle of the greatest battle of Vietnam, he was singing to the troops, saying we’re going to rip them a new asshole, when everyone else was worrying about dying. If he had come out of that building and someone died who he hadn’t tried to save, he would have had to commit suicide.

“I’ve tried to tell Susan this, in a way, but she’s not ready yet for the truth. In the next weeks or months, I’ll get her down here, and we’ll take a walk along the ocean, and I’ll explain these things. You see, for Rick Rescorla, this was a natural death. People like Rick, they don’t die old men. They aren’t destined for that and it isn’t right for them to do so. It just isn’t right, by God, for them to become feeble, old, and helpless sons of bitches. There are certain men born in this world, and they’re supposed to die setting an example for the rest of the weak bastards we’re surrounded with.”

Comment

• confab
            • May 2019

I often think the response to 9/11 was more damaging to the US than the attack was, itself.

We should honor the dead and mourn them. What they went through was horrible and senseless.

But the people who built a soapbox on their graves and turned their sacrifice into a cause belli to pursue their own ends? We shouldn't be listening to them speechify today. We should be throwing them into a volcano.

Comment

• confab
              • May 2019

PS: I think what upsets me the most about these remembrance ceremonies, is the people who deliver them.

Speaking for myself, I would much, much rather hear Americans give their thoughts about that day and the people who suffered than to listen to a bunch of inept politicians preen and moralize.

I believe it would be much more edifying and respectful to hear from America, itself.

Comment

• cdwillis
                • Dec 2018

It is incredibly sad that the 3k+ lives lost that day were used as an excuse to start illegitimate wars in the middle east. The fact that GW Bush and Dick Cheney haven't face an inkling of consequence is just absolutely pathetic, but what else could you expect? The US has been in a downward spiral ever since.

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

I'd rather go Hunting with Dick Cheney than Ride with Ted Kennedy ...
                  (If you catch my drift)

Last edited by Dragstews; 09-11-2021, 1:18 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by confab
                    PS: I think what upsets me the most about these remembrance ceremonies, is the people who deliver them.

Speaking for myself, I would much, much rather hear Americans give their thoughts about that day and the people who suffered than to listen to a bunch of inept politicians preen and moralize.

I believe it would be much more edifying and respectful to hear from America, itself.
                    We've been fortunate here , there's been a wealth of documentaries on Brit T.V. , but they've been with ordinary folk, about their experiences. My woman has been in floods of tears over some of the interviews, they were truly moving.

Comment

• confab
                      • May 2019

I heard George W Bush speechifying earlier.. And I swear, if that man had any shame at all he would hide in his closet from 9/10 to 9/12 every year..

What a joke.

Comment

• Revelator
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by confab
                        I often think the response to 9/11 was more damaging to the US than the attack was, itself.

We should honor the dead and mourn them. What they went through was horrible and senseless.

But the people who built a soapbox on their graves and turned their sacrifice into a cause belli to pursue their own ends? We shouldn't be listening to them speechify today. We should be throwing them into a volcano.
                        The Response was definitely worse. But It worked out great for the central banksters & Their minions who
                        profited heavily off of the spectacle, & profited even more during The deceptive "War on terror" Psyop Which was basically a cover for amassing more Global Control, Under a guise of "Democracy" & driven by a massive & relentless fear campaign, based on Lies & deception. All supported by paid off (or blackmailed) political puppets, & controlled mass media. The same media that could never explain why Bldg7 fell on the same day, without a plane hitting It.

Comment

• Dragstews
                          • Sep 2010

The year was 1974 ...

This man took a walk between the towers 8 times at 1400 feet above the ground ....

... /// https://www2.zoechip.com/watch-movie...-17273.1613316 \\\ ...
                          Last edited by Dragstews; 09-11-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Dragstews
                            I'd rather go Hunting with Dick Cheney than Ride with Ted Kennedy ...
                            (If you catch my drift)
                            What made Kennedy worse than Cheney? (Facts please.) I despise both but Kennedy only killed his own ho by accident so nothing of value was lost, but at least had the sense to oppose the invasion of Iraq.

Cheney helped get thousands of American G.I.s killed, wounded, and traumatized for no gain the the American public who paid for it all. Image search "Tyler Ziegel" for one example of Dicks handiwork.

Cheney exploited the Americans who died on September 11th to wage wars that wasted and ruined thousands of American lives by fomenting the two greatest foreign policy disasters since Viet Nam. Remember the objective of invading A-stan was to kill OBL, but that invasion was grossly under-resourced than promptly forgotten when the originally desired Iraq invasion (irrelevant to September 11th but many ordinary Americans had no idea since they don't really care) kicked off.

Trump was correct:

Few remember the story of Hussein Kamel, but it's a particularly clear example of the Bush administration's brazen falsehoods.

I second the volcano option. The September 11th victims memories were almost instantly shat on by the same class of corrupt liars whose incompetence let OBL get away years before, failed to interdict the hijacking operation, and spent decades setting America up for failure.

Ignoring that lesson of September 11th will ensure future fuckups and more dead Americans.
                            Last edited by farmall; 09-13-2021, 2:02 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;