CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade lx

I have a bead on a 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade lx for $850. I'm considering it for a bobber chop. 38K+ and runs - I have not looked at it yet. Anyone have any experience with this line of Suzies?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01313_7OialvMcfIx_0fu0bC_600x450.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	105019

Get Adobe Flash player

You should check out the scumbagger thread, these bike do have some decent potential
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showth...t=35314&page=3

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by zachpc2 View Post
    You should check out the scumbagger thread, these bike do have some decent potential
    Fab mate. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by zachpc2 View Post
    very very different bikes. The cavalcade has a ton more things going on underneath that fairing than that of a non-aspencade 1100 Goldwing. I personally would just remove the top case and give it a good cleaning and sell it if you dont want all that 80's touring goodness

Get Adobe Flash player

Suzuki made stout bikes. The tourer-bobber shuffle is an interesting topic. They can often make for some extremely sweet bikes but the work involved is tenfold and requires correspondingly high devotion that I've never possessed. I've found that many of the motors from these bikes look pretty fugly when exposed as bobbers, since they were obviously never designed to see the light of day. For this reason there's a lot of "Mad Max" guys that do some pretty interesting things with Goldwings. The Cavalcade is a v-twin which is pretty cool, and might give you something comparable to a Virago.

Personally I would pass and keep an eye out for a similarly priced bike that lends itself more easily to a chop. Because I'm a lazy bastard. but if you have the diligence, patience and creativity for it, go go go

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks guys. Steering clear. Because this is more of a learning project done in tandem with an HD project which would be my main ride, I'd rather keep the level of effort to a minimum.

datadavid

You wont learn anything with minimum effort.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's cheap and nothing of value is lost if you don't like the result. It won't be pretty but it could be quick and fun, like naked Wings, and you can beat the shit out of the result (which I do to everything anyway) and enjoy riding it.

I remember the Cavalcade back when it was new... quite the performer and a nice V4 motor that for the time was considered 'huge' and bikes like it were called 'full dressers'. At the same time Suzuki introduced the Madura as a 'power-cruiser' entry also with a V4 motor in much the same way that Yamaha had the Venture V4 'dresser' and the V-Max power cruiser also with a V4.
    Last edited by Skjoll; 07-23-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Share This