Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iamtheonlyreal1
    • Jul 2010

Am I going the right direction here? Just Curious

I have started my new Project, and am wondering what some of your thoughts may be... This is my first Bike build, normally I am on Auto Restoration or Customization progects. I thought I needed a fresh start with something new, so that is why I am here..

I am unfamiliar with what is out there as far as products go, so I have been trying to use vintage parts or parts that can look a bit nostalgic.. Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated..

The handlebars are not being used, although I will have a set that are similar with half the drop with Inverted Levers and internal Throttle.. The wheels are are going to be painted the engine and frame color. All the engine covers, cylinder, head rocker boxes, exhaust, and miscellaneous accents will be COPPER PLATED. I will not have any chrome or or polished aluminum pieces..

The first picture is what I started with and am in the process of reversing.. The other pictures are as of 2 weeks ago...

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 07-31-2010, 7:00 PM.
  • Iamtheonlyreal1
    • Jul 2010

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 07-31-2010, 6:57 PM.

Comment

• Sawbones
      • Nov 2009

Looks good but...those are bicycle handlebars aren't they?

EDIT:

Oops, I'm an idiot, didn't see you mentioned that they aren't being used.
      Last edited by Sawbones; 07-31-2010, 5:39 PM. Reason: idiot

Comment

• Ember
        • May 2010

I love where you are going with it... just my style! You going to paint or plate the rear fender?

Comment

• Iamtheonlyreal1
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Ember
          I love where you are going with it... just my style! You going to paint or plate the rear fender?
          Initially I was going to have a Copper fender made for it, but they company would never take my money to begin the process.. I am Copper Plating my Oil Tank, and then painting it, so I can wipe off the fins to expose copper.. Ithought about plating the fender, then painting and revealing a copper stripe down the center..

All the Copper parts will be.. Primary and engine covers, Cylinder head and Jug, Emblems, Headlamp Ring, Front Girder Spring, Wheels Spoke Nipples, Rear Sproket, Carbs and Velocity Stacks... Everything else will be Painted Bike Color... Handle bars will be painted, and will have the inverted levers Copper plated. There will be internal Throttle, so I will only have leather wrapping as my grips.

I am trying to find an Awsome Nostalgic Color, because I am trying to avoid painting it black.. I want to go a harder direction to pull off, and black looks good way too easy.. If anyone has Color Suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated....

I was lucky to find the Original 30's BSA Girder Front end, I think that is where I am basing alot of the theme of this bike. Please ignore the Tube under the seat spring, it will not be there.. If you look at the pictures with the Yellow Walls in the background, you will see it is gone. . I have the Bolt on Leafspring kit for the Solo Seats coming out very soon, and in the previous pictures we were trying to dial in the spring angle.. These kits will be for most of the makes of Bobber/Boardtracker motorcycles..
          Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 07-31-2010, 6:57 PM.

Comment

• Ember
            • May 2010

I love black, and the black/copper combo compliments each other very well. Always wondered why more people don't do copper instead of chrome.
            What are your plans for the seat pan?

Personally, if it was my bike, I would do a little engraving some where and have it copper plated. I would engrave my whole bike if I could, haha.

Comment

• Iamtheonlyreal1
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Ember
              I love black, and the black/copper combo compliments each other very well. Always wondered why more people don't do copper instead of chrome.
              What are your plans for the seat pan?

Personally, if it was my bike, I would do a little engraving some where and have it copper plated. I would engrave my whole bike if I could, haha.
              I am planning on cutting a long section out of the center of the seat, and have leather tooled with a bit of padding. I want an opening to catch air, and show the leafspring...

Comment

• bluufunk
                • Apr 2010

How about a dark candy flaked out green? Might go good with all that copper.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;