CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default SEMA and the EPA threat to custom motorcycles

https://www.sema.org/epa-news

It was a long time coming but the retarded Bubbas who loved rolling coal helped trigger this one and now we'll all have to resist. The biker rights movement is pretty dead since most helmet law issues got sorted, but if speed parts and mods are outlawed we are so fucked.

Take this one seriously. It's not fearmongering or spam, and I almost never suggest anyone forward anything.

The RPM Act reverses the EPA's interpretation that the Clean Air Act does not allow a motor vehicle designed for street use—including a car, truck, or motorcycle—to be converted into a dedicated racecar. This American tradition was unquestioned for 45 years until 2015 when the EPA took the position that converted vehicles must remain emissions-compliant, even though they are no longer driven on public streets or highways. Although the EPA abandoned efforts to make the policy a formal regulation, the agency still maintains the practice of modifying the emission system of a motor vehicle for the purpose of converting it for racing is illegal. Manufacturing, selling, and installing race parts for the converted vehicle would also be a violation. The EPA has also announced that enforcement against high performance parts—including superchargers, tuners, and exhaust systems—is a top priority.

Converting street vehicles into dedicated race vehicles is an American tradition dating back decades and has negligible environmental impact. While California is known for having the strictest emissions laws, the state exempts racing vehicles from regulation.

Motorsports competition involves tens of thousands of participants and vehicle owners each year, both amateur and professional. Retail sales of racing products make up a nearly $2 billion market annually. Most of the vehicles raced on the estimated 1,300 racetracks operating across the U.S. are converted vehicles that the EPA considers to be illegal.

The RPM Act does not interfere with the EPA's authority to enforce against individuals who illegally install race parts on vehicles driven on public roads and highways and companies that market such products. Tampering with the emissions system of a motor vehicle used on public roads is a clear violation of the Clean Air Act.

The RPM Act will provide the racing community with certainty and confidence in the face of an EPA interpretation of the Clean Air Act that threatens to devastate an American pastime and eliminate jobs in our communities.
    Of course we know why we want the parts available and I will not put that into print lest some enemy shitbag find it by accident, but ya know what to say to your legislators.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ahhh.. It is going to happen at some point, anyway.

Nobody cares, anymore. They vote for this stuff. So they must want it?

And at some point, someone is going to say: "The Earth is more important than your (fill in the blank)."

And they'll be right, as far as that argument goes.

At least I got to live through it and enjoy it.

At this point, I could just buy a new Rav4 and be happy if that's what the democrats want.

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03F1544C-D377-4C32-961B-7C365B98321E.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	104915

Get Adobe Flash player

I guess we will all have to figure out how many 2.85v, 3700F supercapacitors it takes to get a 2500lb car down the 1/4 in 10 seconds.

I bet the internal combustion engine lasts longer than the EPA.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

It's quite practical to produce carbon-neutral ICE fuels but we're early on, and it's also quite practical to run vintage engines on imperfect but clean LP (Ak Miller was a pioneer converting supercars). Other gaseous fuels require more work but dirigible engines ran hydrogen before WWI.

This is nothing new read some Hot Rod mags from the 60's same story, I am with JB

I moved from the peoples republic of new yorkistan to a backwoods holler in the south to escape coronatarians and we dont even have vehicle inspections. Should be awhile for this to ever be a problem down here. They drive anything that will move down here.

Share This