Add-On Ele Starter for 57 and back Big Twin Hardtails ..

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

It will be fine on the shelf. Hello effective starter!

Comment

• pan620
      • Feb 2013

Then why does it come with the piece to weld into the rear fender? I think with a belt drive it might work with out fender mods as normally the trans is right up against the seat post, chain drive that needs adjust no so much

Comment

• SamHain
        • Apr 2024

I didn’t get to check out the primary side of this. What’s it take to pull off? Just the oil tank and slap on a later primary?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2BE9FD6A-DB4A-42FD-A39A-3B2A2E47AA40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1313247
        Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2019, 9:39 AM.

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by pan620
          Then why does it come with the piece to weld into the rear fender? I think with a belt drive it might work with out fender mods as normally the trans is right up against the seat post, chain drive that needs adjust no so much
          Might be able to do that ... ??
          Or pound a dent in the og fender ...

Originally posted by SamHain
          I didn’t get to check out the primary side of this. What’s it take to pull off? Just the oil tank and slap on a later primary?
          You keep your Tin Primary as is ... No mods are needed on that side of the scoot...
          Also the oil tank needs no modifications ...
          That's what makes this kit so slick ....

The only mod that will be needed is to have room from the starter motor to fender ...
          Depending on what pipes yo're running, perhaps some work to them will also need to be done .. ??

Your photo is showing a stock ele. starter from the 65-69 era ... Look close you can see the Cast Alum Primary ....
          That set-up uses the tranny case with the ears on it ... Also the trans mainshaft and the motor sprocket shaft is longer....
          Last edited by Dragstews; 09-21-2019, 10:34 AM.
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Dragstews
            Might be able to do that ... ??
            Or pound a dent in the og fender ...

You keep your Tin Primary as is ... No mods are needed on that side of the scoot...
            Also the oil tank needs no modifications ...
            That's what makes this kit so slick ....

The only mod that will be needed is to have room from the starter motor to fender ...
            Depending on what pipes yo're running, perhaps some work to them will also need to be done .. ??
            Sorry I was goin off topic referring to the pan I posted.

Comment

• omar1951
              • Aug 2021

Originally posted by Dragstews
              Cannonball StealthStarter SSK-R - Kick Drive Rigid Frame

The Cannonball Kick Drive electric start kit for rigid frame Big Twins converts your classic kickstart-only motorcycle to electric start. After installation you just push the button or turn the key and your old Flathead, Knucklehead or Panhead will roar to life instantly.

With the CB Kick Drive electric start kit the transmission receives an intermediate housing between kicker cover and main case, where the starter system attaches. The stock kickstarter can be retained. This intermediate housing will be the only thing visible so the overall appearance of your motorcycle will barely change. The primary drive, primary housing and oil tank stay untouched, only the rear fender and your stock 2-1 exhaust require small modifications. Since the system works with an unchanged primary drive, it also allows installation of custom belt drives, custom primary covers, running open primaries, etc. Installation is fairly easy and straightforward. The kit includes everything needed for the conversion except for the battery, wires and starter button/switch, which must be purchased separately.

If the bike is still equipped with the early stock 6V charging system you will have to convert this to 12 V, which means a suitable generator, regulator, coil and lamps need to be fitted.

.../// https://www.wwag.com/step/pdf/230409.pdf \\\...

went to the website....Says it can't find the page....I don't think they're making them any more.....

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by omar1951

I don't think they're making them any more.....
                Says it's availably ...

"In stock. Ready for immediate delivery from our Würzburg, Germany warehouse"

Comment

• docmel
                  • May 2015

I am impressed. Great engineering, very little work involved to install, great choice of parts. But $3600.00 in US Dollars is way too much. Too bad they couldnt sell for less. I beleive it would be huge seller if it weren't for the price

Comment

• Dragstews
                    • Sep 2010

These are made here in the States ...

... /// https://4speedelectricstart.com/ \\\ ...

$1600 less than the Cannonball ..
                    Last edited by Dragstews; 08-25-2021, 3:02 PM.

Comment

• tzienlee
                      • Apr 2024

but the US made ones are much bigger & are very much in ya face & don't do the looks of a bike any favor's,
                      the Cannonball Stealth starter is hardly seen & you keep the kick starter & kicker cover.
                      if you look at this film of my FX with one fitted you can hardly see it,

Comment

• Dragstews
                        • Sep 2010

True .. ^^

Kinda like keeping the kicker on line, ya never know when the battery going to go South ....

Comment

• LiveLaughDestroy
                          • May 2015

I thought i was going to need one of these after I got my hip replaced. Thankfully I learned how to kick lefty instead.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;