CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Where to get biker related hats that aren't "Trucker" style

***can't edit title, should read "biker related"***

Seriously, does anyone think that retro Trucker style hats are still cool? Last time that was groundbreaking, trendy or cool was the late 1990's , and people were getting old ones from thrifts.

Here's the issue, they are fugly! They look stupid and cheap--plastic mesh, plastic adjuster and foam front.

Anyway, why can't any of the custom shops or bike part guys offer flat brimmed, sized/fitted caps with their logos? Maybe the ones that adjust in back with a cloth strap even--if they offered sizes (one size fits all caps fit medium size heads well, large size ok and anything bigger they look like a doll's hat) and for a reasonable price?

For example. I saw a "Loser Machine Company " hat I liked. but the patch is on a cheap crap trucker hat. The blank hat was probably a $1 wholesale and the patch $5 yet they cost 3 times that much. Guys a fitted cap costs about $3- 4 wholesale do it right! I'd buy one! or sell the patch separately I'll get my own hat blank at Lids and stitch it on myself.

OK rant over. Does anyone know who might have some cool hats that are real hats and not those foam rubber and plastic abominations?

Thanks
    Last edited by CISO1969; 06-13-2014 at 9:12 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Lots of companies sell patches by themselves, so there you go.

Get Adobe Flash player

I shall look! I have seen novelty patches but most dont seem to have the logos or the version of the patch.

Good point though. I'm having abad day at work so really it's not that trucker hats bother me to the extent of ruining my day, just hate the f'ers

Get Adobe Flash player

Hard to find flex fit or fitted hats because trucker hats are what people want. I agree would rather have a nice fitted cap, but good luck finding one. Probably going to have to do what Gray said. Make your own!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

here's one from Biltwell.....quite plain though

I have a fitted New Era cap from *gasp!* Harley....though it's all black with just black HDMC stitching....not as ride-to-live as some would desire

Get Adobe Flash player

Led Sled does military caps among others, certainly better than farmers caps.

SamHain

shit. flat bill, fitted hats are in? I can't keep up with this life thing.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have always hated trucker hats. They suck. It amazes me how some things become cool , that just really suck .
    those KD "riding glasses" come to mind. Does anybody really like riding in those? They suck.

xllance

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    I have always hated trucker hats. They suck. It amazes me how some things become cool , that just really suck .
    those KD "riding glasses" come to mind. Does anybody really like riding in those? They suck.
    Kinda like riding in those house shoes I see all the cool kids wearing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah ! its a good thing these cool CC kids have never seen Senor Captain America over in Mineral Wells! Can you imagine that look becoming a trend?!?! hahahahaha

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    I'm not familiar with KD glasses until I googled them. Are they just popular b/c of SOA, b/c that's the first image that popped up? Personally I wear my ray bans a lot, but that's just b/c they are prescription. In general they don't make for the best riding glasses.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Ato View Post
    I'm not familiar with KD glasses until I googled them. Are they just popular b/c of SOA, b/c that's the first image that popped up? Personally I wear my ray bans a lot, but that's just b/c they are prescription. In general they don't make for the best riding glasses.
    Nah , They've been around a lot longer than SOA. And been popular for a long time. Why? I don't know

ChicagoRedux

I could never stand those foam and plastic hats so when I wanted a quality baseball style cap I went straight to the source and got mine from a professional baseball team. I know it's not 'bike related', but I figure when people see me wearing a Chicago Cubs cap they realize they're looking at someone that has given up all hope and probably shouldn't be fucked with.

As for sunglasses, I have a pair of the glasses shown below, they've lasted me 10 years and I highly recommend them -

xllance

I go to the nearest Kwik stop and find a pair that don't hurt my ears. But Saltytonk that dude in Mineral Wells rides barefoot sometimes. I saw him out in the rain when the temp was in the 40s. He ain't right.

Get Adobe Flash player

I ride with KD,s they wont blow off your face when you look behind yourself and they are cheaper than fuck to replace,,,and ive used em for so long I don't know any better,and don't really give a shit,,,
    wouldn't mind finding a pair like yours redux! I like em..............

Get Adobe Flash player

maybe I've got a fat face or something but KDs feel like little kids glasses to me....I have a couple pairs I like that WalMart sells for 10 bucks so I get them whenever I see em on the shelf to stock up

Lake Allatoona owns too many pairs of my sunglasses to spend much money on them anymore

Get Adobe Flash player

Lake Allatoona owns some of my glasses, a necklace, 2 wedding rings and a pair of my shorts!
    And I cant wear KDs either. I got a pair from my dad, he swears by them. But hes also really into SOA.

KDs are just to small for my taste. Never understood buying a Trucker hat that was over $5. Thought they were made so when it blew out the window you didn't give a shit. But men wearing Toms shoes,Damn.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by SamHain View Post
    shit. flat bill, fitted hats are in? I can't keep up with this life thing.
    I don't want that style cause it's cool, I just want a "real" hat if I am spending $25 LOL

Now I need to google Tom's shoes and KD glasses . I probably will make a hat or two see how they look.

Get Adobe Flash player

Try etsy. Or the horse. I know, try nordstroms for all your fashion needs.

Share This