CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Road Star Chop

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Road Star Chop

I will be picking this bike up in two weeks, Aug. 26. I have large plans for this build and will get more in depth as I go along. I plan to attempt to stay on top of this forum thing and document this entire build with photos. So far these are the pictures I have of the condition the bike is in. I look forward to chatting with everyone as this progresses.
    So far the process was started to remove the transfer case and go right hand chain drive, with external oil tank. The rear section of the frame was cut off and rebuilt in a jig to make a stretched hard tail. A Harley rear wheel with Lowbrow Customs universal axle, axle is in need of some modification it is too long and needs some spacers made up. The process for a foot clutch was begun, I am unsure if I will be running foot or hand clutch yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6080.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	104735

Name:	IMG_6081.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	104736

Name:	IMG_6086.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	104738

Get Adobe Flash player

Well after a very eventful DeadBeat Retreat 2021. I have made it back to VA with the Roadstar Project. I have made a list RoadKill style to get this project started. Picked up my first part for the new build from Deep Six Cycles, he brought one of his 7" flat fenders to the event for me.

Name:	20210830_135159.jpg 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	105072

Does anyone have any advice on how to upload photos on here? My phone has a 64mp camera so the file size is huge unless I crop most of it away

Get Adobe Flash player

Diving into this build, got my first shipment from lowbrow customs. Got a bates baja 100 5.00-16 rear tire for the rear harley wheel, and a handful of bungs and fender mounts. I yanked the front end off and cut off the steering stop to prep for the springer front end.

Name:	image_17042.jpg 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	105228

Name:	image_17040.jpg 
Size:	284.0 KB 
ID:	105229
    So at this point I have dropped the TC Bros universal axle off with a local guy to have him turn it down in the lathe to fit this custom rear section. The front steering stop is gone and the the neck has been smoothed out nicely. Due to the holiday I am unable to get the rear tire mounted until tomorrow (09/07/21). I will have the axle back from the lathe tomorrow as well. Also stopping by my local metal supplier to grab some 1.25" OD DOM .120 wall for the upper and lower seat supports/fender mounting locations. As soon as the axle is back and tire is mounted I can mock up where the cross supports and fender will need to go as well as figure out the spacers needed on the rear axle to get the Sprockets lined up and keep the wheel centered.

Name:	Snapchat-714267101.jpg 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	105230

Lookin good! I like that rear tire I'll have to pick one up for my Sporty when I wear my shinko out. Dont think they make a size that would fit my XS chop's wheel.

Check out Lnspltblvd on YouTube for some inspiration if you dont know about them already. He (they) chop Shadows but I'm sure all Japanese cruisers are about the same as far as bobbing and chopping them goes.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleTramp98 View Post
    Lookin good! I like that rear tire I'll have to pick one up for my Sporty when I wear my shinko out. Dont think they make a size that would fit my XS chop's wheel.

Check out Lnspltblvd on YouTube for some inspiration if you dont know about them already. He (they) chop Shadows but I'm sure all Japanese cruisers are about the same as far as bobbing and chopping them goes.
    I use to have a Shadow 600 I have watched a handful of their videos.

Get Adobe Flash player

Heard you on the lowlife podcast. Just wanted to say hi and have fun

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by misfitJason View Post
    Heard you on the lowlife podcast. Just wanted to say hi and have fun
    Dude thats awesome, I love meeting new people. I post a lot more to my instagram because its real time as im in the garage. That episode was a lot of fun to record, deadbeat was a fucking blast (as you heard).

Get Adobe Flash player

So since the last time I was on here I have managed to get the rear tire mounted to the Harley wheel
    Got the rear fender stretched to fit the 27" rear tire ( had a 25" diameter before)
    got some 1 1/4 DOM .120 wall and notched to weld in the upper and lower cross supports
    Got the rear fender bungs and mounts welded up
    Used a shovel down through the neck to mock up where I wanted the front wheel and landed on what will be 4" over (top of the duct tape is where the axle will land on the 21" front wheel/tire combo. Did some trail math and if I go 2" tree offset my trail will only be 6.8"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapchat-1386682387.jpg   Snapchat-1709276064.jpg   Snapchat-1143103498.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Waiting on my 12ft stick of 5/8 square stock as well as a bunch of tabs on order. Tried to die grind the welds smooth last night but my old air compressor wouldnt keep up after grabbing a stand up 20 gallon Kobalt I am back in business to die grind tonight. Hopeful for the metal order to come in this week to work up the sissybar.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my 5/8 square stock order yesterday, and drew out the sissy bar design on the table. Got the first piece welded to the table and realized I don't have a MAPP bottle so I will be running to grab a bottle to heat and bend.

Get Adobe Flash player

Last night the sissy bar put itself together and laid up on the bike for a good view. Still waiting on my mounting tabs order to come in so I can get it in a permanent location but im loving the way it turned out. It's pretty tall about 5'5" to the high side from the ground. The king and queen I build will match the angled cross support for the top of the seat back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapchat-1608414405.jpg   Snapchat-1088915039.jpg   Snapchat-989136736.jpg   IMG_1048.jpg   IMG_1050.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I blew a bunch of money today....
    I placed another Lowbrow Customs order:
    21x1.85 spool wheel
    21" rim strip
    21" tube
    Bates Baja 100 3.00-21 front tire
    3/4" axle chain adjusters1/2" long 5/16 threaded bungs

Hello, it is a interesting mill to use.
    Looking good thanks for sharing.

Get Adobe Flash player

I realized I have been neglecting this forum with updates.
    I have ordered a tail light from down under aka Hypnic Jerk Customs
    Got the sissy bar all mounted to the frame and fender
    Got my shipment in from Lowbrow, and set the bike up for a stance check
    Made the King and Queen pan, did a 2 piece design so the front can be hinged solo seat to access the electronics I plan to put underneath
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210927_170825.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

So I mentioned I went to Deadbeat retreat and picked this bike up but I never talked about what happened. Let me show you instead, one video is full speed one is slow motion from different angles. I have a known torn AC joint and pending MRI to find out what else is shot. It has been motivation to push through as much as I can as quickly as I can because I am facing a huge set back of another shoulder surgery.
    Grab your popcorn and enjoy
    https://youtube.com/shorts/mWpogfSG7Uw?feature=share
    https://youtube.com/shorts/cE4l9E7GRug?feature=share

Seat pan looks good! I need to get goin on my build again and post. I've seen that video before. Pretty sure in a compilation video, but ik I've saw it before, stay safe.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleTramp98 View Post
    Seat pan looks good! I need to get goin on my build again and post. I've seen that video before. Pretty sure in a compilation video, but ik I've saw it before, stay safe.
    It was all over after dbr. I know it was in chicken fried choppers compilation video

Share This