Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

Experts at the WHO obviously have this well in hand. They're not biased or anything.

And don't even suggest they suck China's dick. That's silly.

World Health Organization (WHO)
    @WHO
    Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China����.
    6:18 AM ยท Jan 14, 2020

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
      But your choice cannot cause others harm, that is one of the premises of a modern democracy. By not getting vaccinated you are a threat to others, not just yourself. Sounds pretty damn selfish to me.
      Doom you know it's a damn good thing our parents weren't like many people today. If they were, in America today we would still have Polio, chickenpox, mumps, measles and on and on. I'm sure there are still some cases but nothing like it would have been without the vaccines.

To each his own I'm glad I got mine.
      Last edited by Tattooo; 08-11-2021, 4:36 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

So Confab, please identify your source of medical knowledge, let's see Rush, no he's dead, maybe Dick Farrel, nope he's dead too. Please enlighten us with your experts, we need to know, Who do You trust for medical, scientific knowledge?

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

Who? Me?

Well.. As an intelligent and a reasonable person, who wouldn't generally be considered a flaming hypocrite, I place a considerable amount of my faith in the scientific method.

This is in sharp contrast to the quasi-religious and politically driven "faith based" belief systems you see with.. You know.. Some people..

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
            • Oct 2016

I’ll never forget when we really got slammed, hell I’d never come close to running out of body bags in my almost two decades of working in healthcare, but we did and it sucked a big ol dick every god damn time I stepped onto the unit. Of course there were comorbidities and lingering unexplored health issues that had yet to cause enough crisis in the patient to seek assistance, but this was the shove that pushed many over the edge. Staff was getting sick and leaving us short, supplies were limited, and in the meantime I had to sit and watch legions of dumbfucks turn this into a political pissing match versus listening to science and reason that could have led an intelligent populace onto a path that could have squashed this in short time. I can only fathom to imagine how many CABG’s and TAVR’s took a permanent backseat because both of our ICU’s were packed to the brim. Vaccines work, natural immunity works, and both have outstanding antibody counts thus far. We developed a vaccine incredibly fast, thank previous MERS and SARS studies that have been going on for decades, the framework was there, it just needed a shit ton of money and public backing to move faster. We practice medicine to prevent or alleviate illness and injury, it’s objective, and at the end of the day we do so because we want to help. There’s a whole lot more going on than just a few nursing home patients with one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel’s bodies giving up the ghost, realize that and just be logical and safe.

Comment

• Oct 2016

One more thing, watch your asses. A lot of people are not talking about how massively strained hospitals currently are. We haven’t emptied out our floors in months. COVID created a huge backlog of patients with elective surgeries as well as acute and chronic condition patients that avoided hospitals like the plague for the past year plus. The flood gates have opened the last few months, in which summer is generally the slow season in healthcare, winter always being the ass kicker, it’s an all out shit fest right now and that’s going to continue for longer then I want to even think about. When that indigestion just won’t go away and finally at 2am in the morning you feel that elephant sitting on your chest and the panic sets in that you might be having a heart attack, the last thing your gonna want to do is sit in an ER hallway for hours because the rooms are all taken and they can’t get you onto a table or CVICU because we just don’t have the staff or beds. Be safe out there and trust science.

Comment

• Hoghead
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                One more thing, watch your asses. A lot of people are not talking about how massively strained hospitals currently are. We haven’t emptied out our floors in months. COVID created a huge backlog of patients with elective surgeries as well as acute and chronic condition patients that avoided hospitals like the plague for the past year plus. The flood gates have opened the last few months, in which summer is generally the slow season in healthcare, winter always being the ass kicker, it’s an all out shit fest right now and that’s going to continue for longer then I want to even think about. When that indigestion just won’t go away and finally at 2am in the morning you feel that elephant sitting on your chest and the panic sets in that you might be having a heart attack, the last thing your gonna want to do is sit in an ER hallway for hours because the rooms are all taken and they can’t get you onto a table or CVICU because we just don’t have the staff or beds. Be safe out there and trust science.
                Give this guy a break and listen to him, FFS!

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Hoghead
                  Give this guy a break and listen to him, FFS!
                  Hell I believe him for damn sure.

Comment

• IowaChop
                    • Nov 2015

My daughter is an ER nurse, she is seriously considering leaving healthcare and going to Target after the past year.

Comment

• Oct 2016

Originally posted by IowaChop
                      My daughter is an ER nurse, she is seriously considering leaving healthcare and going to Target after the past year.
                      I can’t say I blame her. It’s been a very trying time and there’s no light at the end of the tunnel right now. There’s always been a nursing shortage, was back in the 80’s when my mom started, has been since I started in the early 2000’s, and nowadays it’s definitely been the worst since my career began. The other big issue is a lot of these new nursing schools are pumping out garbage nurses who have no idea how to critically think about there patients pathology and nor are they given the resources or time to properly learn. They sit and look at a computer screen and never deviate from it unless shit hits the fan, when they could have avoided said shit hitting the fan if they knew how to properly assess and evaluate their patient. Four years ago I had a new grad 3 months into training on cardiac telemetry who was rounding on patients, she came to me at the station and asked me to look at a patient as he didn’t look right. I walked up to him and saw a light froth on his mouth, mottling in distal extremities, checked his pulse and of course he’s dead, which is ok, as he was a DNR and on newly converted to inpatient hospice. So I say well he’s dead, which of course she freaked out, and I quickly responded that it’s ok and explained it’s expected, it was like a punch in her gut. My first thought however was why didn’t you assess the patient as soon as you noticed something wasn’t right? A lot of what I consider strong veteran nurses have retired or given up dealing with inpatient bullshit for tame and predictable 9-5 doctors office positions. It’s rough out there, if she’s feeling burnt, not bad to take a break for awhile sometimes.

Comment

• seaking
                        • Jul 2013

Thank you for posting righting a few troglodyte mindsets here. People don't give a shit about the guys in the trenches, in the arena and I see that every day--the selfish 50% here at my work that are vulnerable (smoke/diabetes/old usually all three) and not vaccinated, my fox news parroting dad (who has a masters and NEVER reads the paper) who don't think the hospitals are still strained and full. I don't blame them for taking a break, hell I would support a month long strike.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                          • Oct 2016

It has been a little over a year since I had my heart attack. At that point after they did the surgery there were no beds available at ANY of the local hospitals. They ended up carting my ass almost 30 miles to the only place that had an open bed. That little joy ride cost me over $5k as "private" ambulances are not covered by medicare.

My daughter and SIL are both in the medical field and both are telling me it is almost that bad again. But please by all means don't get vaccinated...

Comment

• Fetch
                            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by DoomBuggy

My daughter and SIL are both in the medical field and both are telling me it is almost that bad again. But please by all means don't get vaccinated...

ExplodingCoffinEmporiu

Vaccines work, natural immunity works, and both have outstanding antibody counts thus far.
                            How about we all check in with our health care professional and find out what the best course of action is for each person. The Vaccine is not a magic pill. One of my coworker's wife is now in a nursing home having suffered a major stroke 12 hours after receiving a jab. Turns out she was predisposed to clotting, but she was not triaged, she just signed up to get the shot. Be smart America.

Comment

• confab
                              • May 2019

The left are screaming about Covid.. As usual, they're a bunch of hypocrites.

They don't really care or they wouldn't be bussing illegals around by the thousands without testing, vaccinations or basically any concern, whatsoever.

Comment

• PoppaT123
                                • Aug 2021

Does your doc recommend NOT getting a vaccine? Even though you had covid, doesnt necessarily guarantee that you wont get it again. The duration of "natural" immunity is likely not as long as that provided by the vaccine (though admittedly, the hard data is inconclusive at this point). Since the vaccine is free, its a no-brainer measure of safety. Most of the people who quickly shake off a covid infection have only upper-respiratory infections (clear lungs), but those who get lower respiratory infections have it much worse and are more likely to require admission and possible intubation to maintain respiratory function.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;