Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by blackchop
    i dont know coach, i say keep the xs650. or stop by when you get a chance and ill let you have a kick at my old ironturd.. stubborn old heap it is . but when it starts it does get the blood flowing faster :-)
    you need a better mechanic

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

You are replying to a spambot, not a person. Do not reply, just report for the admin to delete.

It's either delete spammers or go to a Captcha authentication which is a pain for old folks and reduces useful posting.

Comment

• Hubbard
        • Dec 2010

where?

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

from XL Forum:

Ironhead Technical Stickys Index - TuneUps, ReBuilds, Etc, Etc, Etc

"Here is a collection of informative posts made by many of us here in the ironhead forum. If you have a question about your bike, or need to fix something, your probably not the first. To avoid common threads from popping up day after day, and to keep especially informative posts a few clicks away, this collection of threads has been organized for your use..."

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Ironhead Engine Models ( 1957-1985 )

Ironhead Technical Categories

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• nicolejlapp
              • Apr 2024

That was very helpful and really helped me find what I was looking for Ironhead Education thanks very much. I read a essay about this here https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/essayplanet/ somewhere they have the best information type essay and I wish that you guys like it too.

Comment

• docmel
                • May 2015

[B]Mostly finished 82 Ironhead project[/B To me, that says it all. There is no such thing as a "Complete basket case" or a "Mostly finished project"

Comment

• OsbornTyler7
                  • Jun 2022

When you choose www.college-paper.org/pay-for-papers/ to pay for papers, you must be very careful. A paper written for you by someone else could contain poor quality and plagiarism. Furthermore, you might not get your paper back after paying. Besides, your personal information may be published online. Another risk is that the company may use parts of your essay in writing other papers.

Comment

• docmel
                    • May 2015

Sorry if I repeat others, I havent really read all the input so far

Like any older HD, most work done over the years varies GREATLY. Frankly most was done on a skinny budget, figuring out things as it goes, and pretty much using wore out parts and a hammer. And thats how I was on my fisrt sporty

I will say after having a '80, first and foremost it was just too small for me. I'm not a real big guy, 6', 200 pds, but it was just too small. But they are VERY easy to work on, engine, tranny and all Myself, I had all sorts of issues with the clutch. But again, I had no real clue of what I was doing, even with a manual. I just banged away to keep it running

Charging issues were also a prob. But most of those probs were mostly caused by me, hacking away and making parts last as long as I could

There was a bastard year(S?), cant remember, that really no one made aftermarket parts for in the pipes and I beleive rear master cylinder department (and maybe some other parts), due to a design change that I never understood why it was done in the first place

Frankly, an ironhead would make a great bar hopper and around town sled, but as far as long jams on the I-state, probably not so much

Watch the "Just rebuilt" statement: If you dont have the experience to see if it really was, bring someone with you to check it out

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;