Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seaking
    • Jul 2013

That's a possibility in my mind since this virus is so goddamn contagious. It's been almost two years and we haven't seen it mutate into oblivion like most bad viral outbreaks--its only become more so.
    What I think is far more likely--an outbreak due to failed adherence to protocol by China's lab techs. There's ample room to fuck up safety protocol especially during training and a lot of these techs don't follow good hygiene.

Comment

• Hoghead
      • Jun 2015

Fuck the Chinese State-I wouldn't put anything past them.

Latest from Oxford Vaccine Group, England's main expert Prof Sir Andrew Pollard one hour ago:

'Sir Andrew told MPs the idea of herd immunity was "mythical" with the Delta variant, now dominant in the UK, still infecting people who had been vaccinated.
      He said while vaccines might "slow the process" of transmission down, they currently cannot stop the spread completely'.

The Secretary of State for Health stated that plans are in place to give the most vulnerable groups a third or booster Covid jab in September.

This has been criticised, with Sir Andrew telling the All Party Parliamentary Group on coronavirus that any spare jabs should "go where they can have the greatest impact" to protect unvaccinated people abroad.

Interesting stuff, Prof Pollard knows what the fuck he is talking about.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Fetch
        Then there's the conspiracy theory:

China launches a biological weapon by infecting it's own people knowing it will spread world wide. They rationalize that they have the population to lose. So, while the rest of the world suffers they continue to produce goods for western nations who aren't able to function at 100% because of the virus.
        It actually started long before this. The polio vaccine was used to collect bio info on all of us and it altered our DNA to cause us to slowly fatten up over the last 5 decades ( look how thin everyone was in the 60s ). The coronavirus is now changing our DNA again, why, well to make us eatable to the alien overlords of course.

Now that's the real truth, anything else is FAKE NEWS....
        Last edited by DoomBuggy; 08-10-2021, 1:09 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
          It actually started long before this. The polio vaccine was used to collect bio info on all of us and it altered our DNA to cause us to slowly fatten up over the last 5 decades ( look how thin everyone was in the 60s ). The coronavirus is now changing our DNA again, why, well to make us eatable to be alien overlords of course.

Now that's the real truth, anything else is FAKE NEWS....
          I'm only good for stew, too old and tough

Comment

• DustyDave
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Attached Files
            Driving that train, high on cocaine
            Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
            Trouble ahead, trouble behind
            And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• Fetch
              • Sep 2017

Problem here is we agree: seatbelts , googles, and screenings are effective. Non N95 masks are not. Medical professionals dealing with Corvid patients are instructed to double mask, a surgical mask over their N95. Try that for more then 5 minutes at a time.

Surgical masks and the ones you buy on Amazon will catch a booger if you sneeze, but that's about it.

Comment

• TomK
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by DustyDave
                I’m not OK with being forced to do any of that shit, just like:

Helmets
                Turn signals
                Horns
                Reflects
                Mufflers
                Emissions controls
                Ape hangers
                Mirrors
                Rear suspension
                What I eat, drink, or smoke
                Etc., etc.

If you or I do any of those things, it should be my choice and your choice. Some people might make the “wrong” choice and maybe die. That’s the price of freedom. I’m good with that.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

But your choice cannot cause others harm, that is one of the premises of a modern democracy. By not getting vaccinated you are a threat to others, not just yourself. Sounds pretty damn selfish to me.

Comment

• confab
                    • May 2019

Seriously impressed.

That is probably the best pro-life argument I've ever heard.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                      • Oct 2016

So you are OK with the government telling a woman what she can or cannot do with her body, but you draw the line at getting a vaccine to mitigate a worldwide pandemic......interesting....

Comment

• confab
                        • May 2019

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                        So you are OK with the government telling a woman what she can or cannot do with her body...
                        What? I never mentioned "her body" I have no interest in telling women what they can do with "their body"

(Unless it's to get an experimental vaccine against a virus that isn't particularly dangerous in the first place. I guess THEN it's okay to tell a chick what to do with her body?)

I was just agreeing with you. I love this comment. I think it is very apt:

But your choice cannot cause others harm, that is one of the premises of a modern democracy.

It is a fabulous argument against recreational drug use, also.

I think you should run for office. Bravo.

Comment

• Fetch
                          • Sep 2017

Dooms, your contradicting yourself.....if a woman can do what she wants with her body, including killing the infant inside, why do you not have the same perspective on the vaccine? Do no harm is the premise of modern democracy? Tell that to the nearly 1 million infants slaughter every year under the pretext of "choice"

More over, if the vaccine is 98% effective, what do you care if someone is vaccinated or not? You have less then a 2% chance of be infected if you even cross paths with an unvaccinated person.

Comment

• TomK
                            • Oct 2013

“Harm” and “cause” are both limited in our system of laws. To deny one person liberty because it causes harm to another, the harm cannot be speculative and the cause must be proximate. Plus, no one can be obligated to risk greater harm to themselves in order to prevent or reduce the risk of lesser harm to another. We have these principles because at some level of abstraction you can almost always show that nearly anything you do might contribute to some conceivable harm to somebody.

In the context of Covid, we have a disease that disproportionately affects the very old with comorbidities, poses a risk very similar to the seasonal flu for the vast majority of people (low), can be effectively treated (in the U.S. at least), we have multiple vaccines (albeit experimental) that appear to be effective, and the masks people use don’t do shit, especially if you aren’t coughing and sneezing.

To me, I don’t think there is any justification to force healthy (especially vaccinated) people to wear a mask around the general population.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                              • Oct 2016

Tom,

Please read at least the WHO info on Covid vs Flu https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...with-influenza

Regardless if you think the WHO handled the initial outbreak poorly, which I think they did, they still represent some of the best medical scientists in the world.

Comment

• confab
                                • May 2019

But your choice cannot cause others harm, that is one of the premises of a modern democracy.
                                Can't believe how impressed I am with this profound statement. How edifying.

Perhaps we should view progressive notions about criminal justice and law enforcement through this lens, sometime?

Who knows what we could learn from an exercise like that?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...