Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Notimportant
    • Apr 2024

Belt drive clutch question

Needing to replace the clutch on my chop. Evo powered with early (the one with the stepped pulley covers) BDL evo 3 inch belt drive.. talking to the man at j&p he tells me there are no high performance options available for this particular drive, not even an extra disc kit..being as I need everything high performance because I'm a dang maniac that rides the living hail outta it every time I'm on it, I was wondering if by chance there were others like me lol yeah I know, that have used other clutches in this particular set up, and if so, if it works, let me know what it is..I was hoping something like barnett scorpion or the like would work. Didn't want to spend a fortune but replacing a set of normal discs and matching pressure plate/spring to me, is insanity. If I poked along in parades it might make sense but hahahahaha. You know..thankx
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

... /// https://riveraprimo.us/products/1056-0002 \\\ ...

(800) 872-1515
    Last edited by Dragstews; 07-30-2021, 6:56 PM.
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Notimportant
      • Apr 2024

You tha man ! Thankx

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

You might wanta take a look at this clutch too ...
        Close copy of a Bandit ....

Comment

• misfitJason
          • Sep 2009

I am running alto plates and steels with a V111 and 3 inch bdl and it holds.

Bdl is easy to mess with for higher hp applications. You could add more springs or get their lockup addition so it won’t slip. I highly doubt a stock 80 inch is causing it to slip if the plates aren’t worn or steels out of shape.
          Last edited by misfitJason; 07-31-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Notimportant
            • Apr 2024

What's the bandit copy ? Can't make it out in the pics on my phone...after reading up on the rivera promo pro that's probably what I will do..had a scorpion on an old ironhead chop I built years ago it worked. I figured some here like yourselves knew what worked cause I knew well the jp salesman didn't have a clue..yeah motor stock or close I'm sure. I bought the bike pretty much like it is so who knows but it ain't no scorcher . It's fast n fun n I'm getting old lol so it's good enough til it blows then we see about giving it some more oats haha..been riding it like I used to when I raced motocross, all been good then all the sudden going up a slight hill it starts slipping like hail rode it the last few miles home at about 40 cause any throttle it would slip..adjusted it, rode it 6 miles to town, all around, and back 55-60, no problems at all takes off like a rocket ..then leave to go order a chain and brake pads 15 miles from the house it starts again..adjusted, again, 10 miles later I'm back to 40 like a dang moped lol babying it home again

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Notimportant

What's the bandit copy ?
              The Barnett Scorpion ...
              Uses coil springs instead of a Belleville spring ..

Comment

• Notimportant
                • Apr 2024

Yeah thought it looked like one but couldnt see for sure. The 75 ironhead I put one on was max built bored/cammed to the max n heads all fancified I put the strongest springs in the scorpion it worked pretty good no complaints..I do like the rivera primo after reading up on it at 3 this morn. Thanks for all the info man.

Comment

• Notimportant
                  • Apr 2024

I been trying to figure out how the adjustments on the clutch stop the problem then very few miles later it starts again. Maybe getting cocked or stuck I don't know. And to just start doing this after no telling how many (couple thousand at least) miles in the past month or so hard ass bttw riding with not a single sign of pending doom as usual..then I figured it's easier to go buy a grave duty clutch setup than to try to think about it. Old brain ain't never been great but it's about at the end of it's usefulness lol like a bald front tire or broken shift lever haha

Comment

• Notimportant
                    • Apr 2024

Misfit jason you by chance the same jason f. From ga that built this bike ??

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

Yeah thought it looked like one
                      I installed a Barnett Scorpion on my Sportie after wearing out two Oem pressure plates ..
                      Had the strongest Belleville spring available and the extra plate clutch kit ..
                      It worked OK till I installed the Nos ... Started to slip in high gear at WOT ...

The Scorpion was the cure with using the max spring rate ...
                      Was a chore riding in town .. Made my hand cramp, wasn't no fun at all ...
                      Put on my Tom Terrific hat and added a homemade easy-boy clutch assist ...
                      Much better but still is a hard pull ... But the clutch don't slip on Hi-Boost and the button any at all ...

Taking the Boost gauge off the bars and moving it into the dash ...

Might be able to see what the dang thing says now instead of a blur ??
                      Last edited by Dragstews; 07-31-2021, 4:31 PM.

Comment

• Notimportant
                        • Apr 2024

No wonder the name lol ..I like fast but much over 100 or so I like it best in a car haha. First bad street bike was a 750-4 honda long chopper. I was running about 105 when it went into tha high speed wobbles and I'm here to tell you f.t.s. ...I was 16, crazy, adrenaline junky, and it scared the living hail outta me I ain't too proud nor embarrassed to say..that rocket you riding I couldn't imagine..I like fast, like 80-110, but good godd...

Comment

• misfitJason
                          • Sep 2009

Misfit jason you by chance the same jason f. From ga that built this bike ??
                          nope....not me. I am a Floridian

Comment

• Dragstews
                            • Sep 2010

When I install the blower, I gear it tall to combat the all gear wheelies ... (It was like riding Flipper)
                            Runs out of gear at a buck 85 ...

Being fast got me out of a speeding ticket once..
                            It was the end of the day at the shop in Vegas ( https://www.manta.com/c/mmdqymk/drag...ision-mtrsprts ) and I was needing to water the Mule (So to speak)

Decided to head to the oldest bar in Nevada ... Pioneer Saloon of Goodsprings ...
                            Jumped on the 15 headed toward LA, had about a 25 mile ride to get there.
                            The Buell is kinda like a horse, gets into a gate, comfort zone if you will ..
                            That's around 110 to 120 mph ... Was in the third lane over, not much traffic was on the road, so I had it's ears pin back ...

Here's where the story gets a bit interesting ..

Had a smile on my face, everything was going just the best until I seen blue lights in the mirrors...
                            Well Poo ... Knew the Law was after my boney ass, only had bout 12 or 15 more miles to go on the 15 till I made a turn off at Prim ... Thought was to kick it up to around 160 or so and get far enough ahead of the law-dog to make the turn ..

That didn't workout to well, at a sustain speed of 160 or better he was gaining ground on me .... Got close enough that I seen what he was driving ... It was a Mustang with a supercharged motor in it... Those Bad-Boys top out at well over 220 ...

OK ... I'm not going to be able to outrun him, so I pulled over to face the Music !!

Kind of an older Cop walks up to me and said; It's about the end of my shift, tell ya what I'm going to do, if you tell me a story WHY you was speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go ... !!

Well ... How bout that shit, I was thinking to myself .... I knew my story had to be a good one for him to have never heard it before, in a flash I popped off with this ....

Told him that my ex-wife ran off with a State Cop bout three years ago, and I thought you was trying to bring her back ... !!

He said with a grin, get out of here before I change my mind ...

Legend has it that Elvis and Amelia Earhart are shacked up in an abandon Sliver Mine out in the Mojave Desert near Goodsprings ..

On a Saturday night, many sightings of them on the Vegas Strip driving a pink 55 Cadillac Fleetwood has been spotted ..
                            Last edited by Dragstews; 08-05-2021, 4:57 AM.

Comment

• Notimportant
                              • Apr 2024

Dang dragstews you a nut man hahahaha..hail if I thought a state police was trying to return either of my 2 ex''s I'd ride that rocket of yours off a cliff at full boost with my finger on the button lol..you would too haha..yeah I had a back surgery several years ago after an accident. They wanted to do another one and fuse 7 of my vertebrae together which I said hail no. (And here I am 17 years later still riding hardtail choppers I'ma dang genius) Kept getting all these stabbing nerve pains that were stronger than the white liquor I was drinking lol. They gave me this drug lyrica trying to stop the nerve pain..on the 5th night of taking it I sat and read a book on the civil war, as usual. No problems. Never had an eye problem. The next morning I couldn't see anything but dark blurs on my newspaper. (Maybe the lyrica didn't like the liquor).
                              Been like that since, plus add in some well earned age and I can't hardly see anything til about a quarter mile out.. Only reason I can read these posts is I figured out how to enlarge em. When I enlarge pics it fuks up the pixels and still can't see it. I saw the orange was the only reason I thought clutch might be a scorpion lol..working on anything is a chore pretty much feel my way along.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2021, 7:20 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;