Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

XR Reborn ...

Every now and again a Scoot catches your eye ...

Being I had a XR-1000 for many years, this jumped right at me ...

.. **4VALVE SPORTSTAR MOD FRAME STREET RACER**..

Looks like a 91-03 lower end with heads that copy a by-gone era ??

Last edited by Dragstews; 07-30-2021, 6:44 PM.
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..
  • docmel
    • May 2015

Back in the day (83-84?) when I was E-3 making like $550 a month, my Army buddy roommate making the same wanted an XR so bad he went to one of those "We will give you a loan that will take you forever to pay back" businesses that ruled main street outside of Ft Bragg, NC. Crazy int rate, but he didn't care, he wanted one and prob would've killed for one.

I had an Ironhead sporty at the time, and I gave him a bitch ride to the dealer: We got there, he bought the bike, and when ready to leave he said "I don't have driver's license, how do I ride it? (He was from the Bronx and had never driven a car, let alone a MC)

I rode that XR to the barracks while he stayed back at the dealer and got a cab back. That bike had like 1 mile on the ODO. That XR was a good machine for the day: But man it was expensive for the day, like twice the price on an XL/XLH

About 8 months later, the XR was still bone stock: We deployed on a training mission and went he got back, his ole lady, a titty dancer he married about 6 months before, had taken battery acid and poured it all over his bike. She even poured dirt in the tank, knocked off the air cleaners and carbs off with a hammer and actually tossed dirt into the manifolds: Hammer and cup with dirt was still there by the bike. Gets better: Seat and tires sliced, spokes bashed in

So he's been gone about 2 months to come back and see that: He goes inside, and even the toilet paper roll hangers are gone along with all his shit: He goes to take a shower, towels are gone, he grabs the t shirt he has on to use as a towel: Steps in the shower, grabs the shampoo bottle (Even the soap and hand towels are gone) and starts to shower: Yep, battery acid in the shampoo bottle.

I get there the ambulance is already there. Lucky he was in the shower to rinse off

He didn't have comprehensive, and the loan was cash, so he paid on that bike loan for like YEARS because of the crazy int rate. Plus he couldn't afford to fix it back up. He sold it to a HUGE MC graveyard near Raeford NC for like $700 and used the cash to help pay off the loan balance........

That new one looks pretty interesting

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

^^ Holy Nightmare ... Batman .. !!

Last edited by Dragstews; 03-11-2022, 8:22 AM.
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• docmel
        • May 2015

Oh yeah........... When I became an E-5, I moved into a 4 bedroom house that my Team Sgt lived in: His GF was a bartender at a titty bar, and there were three other titty dancers living there, all friends. I moved in after I got a divorce: I could write a freakin book on the almost two years I lived there: I can sum up that time as, "Heaven and Hell"

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;