Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

The way immunity and viruses work it's common for multiple doses to be required for other diseases and needing a booster is not indicative of "failure". How do a bunch of old men who grew up when our education system still worked miss that stuff? I toked my way through school and didn't. The military didn't give tetanus or other boosters by accident (and for the tip of the spear guys who play in third world shitholes they're important).

Tetanus booster example since that's not currently considered a conspiracy:

Other common and long proven booster shots, and the link predates COVID for those who care (2016, COVID first reported 2019).

Immunity doesn't last a lifetime for all vaccines, some only last a few years. Find out why it's important to follow-up with regular booster shots.

Modern medical care has been spectacularly good to me for six decades so far so I'm not scared by drivel. (Hundreds of millions of people with no problems is also evidence of low side efffect risk,) Vaccines work by stimulating recipients immune systems to produce antibodies, they're not long-lasting chemicals and are organic.

Here we break down the data to show where mRNA vaccines (and spike proteins) travel in the body. There is no evidence that any mRNA or protein accumulates in any organ.

Containment rationale for vaccine use:
    Lessons from other viruses show that even if vaccines don’t completely stop disease spread, they can still successfully contain it

Not every last vaccinated person is forever immune to COVID. I'm not going to try to teach statistics in a biker forum but all the info to learn how to to understand statistics is readily available at any level.

This chart shows COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths among fully vaccinated/not fully vaccinated people in Wisconsin in July 2021.

In July 2021, around 125 breakthrough infections happened per 100,000 fully vaccinated Wisconsinites, compared with around 369 cases per 100,000 inhabitants of the state who had not been fully vaccinated. At a vaccination rate of around 50 percent in the state in July, this means that around 3 in 4 new cases occurred in unvaccinated people. That would have made the COVID-19 vaccines in the state 66 percent effective in preventing infection in real world conditions opposite unvaccinated people, as for every three unvaccinated Wisconsinites who were infected with COVID-19, two vaccinated people were spared an infection, assuming that both groups had the same exposure to the virus on average.

When it comes to hospitalizations and deaths, the differences in outcomes for vaccinated and unvaccinated people were even starker. Around four in five hospitalizations for COVID-19 occurred in unvaccinated people in Wisconsin, translating to a vaccine effectiveness of 73 percent in preventing hospitalizations. For preventing death, vaccines proved 91 percent effective, as only one in twelve Wisconsinites who succumbed to COVID-19 was vaccinated.
    More fake news from fake doctors in fake hospitals in fake towns and cities with fake morticians processing crash test dummy patients and crisis actor teams flawlessly concealing it all:

"None of these patients thought they would get the virus, but the delta variant has proven to be so highly contagious that even the young and the healthy, including pregnant patients, are now starting to fill up our hospitals," said Dr. Neil Finkler, chief clinical officer for AdventHealth Central Florida.

More than 90% of the hospitalized COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated, he said.

In Austin, Texas, "Our ICU capacity is reaching a critical point where the level of risk to the entire community has significantly increased, and not just to those who are needing treatment for COVID," Austin-Travis County Health Authority Dr. Desmar Walkes said in a statement.

"If we fail to come together as a community now, we jeopardize the lives of loved ones who might need critical care."

In Mississippi, COVID-19 hospitalizations have increased significantly — including among younger patients, State Health Officer Thomas Dobbs said. All 88 beds in the University of Mississippi Medical Center's intensive care unit had filled up by Friday, according to data from the state's health department.

And in Louisiana, "We're becoming victims of the unvaccinated," said Dr. Christopher Thomas, critical care physician at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge.

"We currently are overwhelming our bed capacity. We're creating burnout for our teams. And honestly, we're beginning to impact the rest of the health care for the community."

Barrier methods and distancing are perfectly normal to contain flu and other nasties in Asia and do not need to be 100% effective to be useful. It's not a matter of chasing perfection but effectively using multiple mitigation methods to reduce transmission and reduce infection among those who contact virus particles and reduce the SEVERITY of infection among the infected. This is not simple stuff but it sure as fuck isn't rocket surgery either and before the global spergout was considered standard practice in disease control. Japan's been at it since the Spanish flu over a century ago, and Imperial Japan was not noted for libtard influences.

Disinfo is a legit problem because most people are very fucking far from being internet sophisticated and are easily manipulated by affirming what they want to believe (which is why marketing works). I've been on Ars for about twenty years as their tech content is typically well done. Russians are very good at disinfo not least because "maskirovka" is a long established way of military and (since hybrid war is social too) social deception. I admire and respect the Internet Research Agency but they're still enemies.

Lying Icelanders in the conspiracy to contaminate our precious bodily fluids. Clearly no one but Bubba can use science:

Iceland reported 2,847 new infections over the past month, mostly from the highly infectious Delta variant and mostly in fully vaccinated people, official statistics indicated. This is the highest number of new infections in a month since the start of the pandemic, but vaccines appear to be doing their job. The vast majority of new infections are mild at worst.

Of the 1,239 Icelanders who were recorded as having COVID-19 on Sunday, 3% were in the hospital, data showed.

The country hasn't recorded a single COVID-19 death since May 25, government statistics and Oxford University's Our World in Data indicated.
    Of course Americans have no idea of what Oxford might be and it's probably another diploma mill like the Imperial College in a world where the only possible safety is to fear everything and believe nothing.

Some US staff are tired of the stoopid including my sister who commented today on the anti-vaxxer "volunteer casualties" where she works: "At least I get to see them go out toes up". 8-P

She and other staff and physicians were PAPR (familiar to weldors) but that must all be for show.

Comment

• IowaChop
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by flathead
      99 percent of the covid deaths are people who where vaccinated. The shot is taking effect and people are getting sick. anti vaxx vs. NWO stooges
      Sight your source. Majority of ICU patience are not vaccinated.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by flathead
        99 percent of the covid deaths are people who where vaccinated. The shot is taking effect and people are getting sick. anti vaxx vs. NWO stooges
        Prove it. NOW.

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

The way immunity and viruses work it's common for multiple doses to be required for other diseases and needing a booster is not indicative of "failure". How do a bunch of old men who grew up when our education system still worked miss that stuff?
          Simple. Because we're moving the goal post now that the failure has occurred.

And we already talked about hospitalizations.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in the middle of all this hoopla, deaths are down. Because viruses mutate and become less lethal as time passes.
          Last edited by confab; 08-23-2021, 5:03 PM.

Comment

• IowaChop
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by confab
            Simple. Because we're moving the goal post now that the failure has occurred.

And we already talked about hospitalizations.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in the middle of all this hoopla, deaths are down. Because viruses mutate and become less lethal as time passes.
            I admire the fact that you are not afraid to double down on ignorance.

As the spread of coronavirus variants raise new public health questions, social media users are sharing misinformation about how viruses mutate.

Last edited by IowaChop; 08-23-2021, 5:52 PM.

Comment

• confab
              • May 2019

Originally posted by IowaChop
              I admire the fact that you are not afraid to double down on ignorance.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-011488089270
              I don't think you're in a position to call me "ignorant"

What I said is generally true. COULD there be an exception? Certainly.. There can be an exception to anything.

But, left to their own devices, viruses generally become less lethal.

BTW, a half ass vaccine could conceivably open the door to drug resistance and a virus that becomes more lethal as it mutates.

Comment

• DustyDave
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

"The Clots Were The Size Of Pancakes"-Texas Embalmer Opens Up About Covid Horrors.

This story is both engrossing and completely horrifying, and shows that the mainstream media has done a tremendous disservice, per its usual, in focusing on the respiratory aspects almost exclusively, because I now have knowledge I didn’t have, but needed. Read on.

Patrick Huey contacted HuffPost after reading a story about a Florida-based ICU doctor who broke down on CNN while being interviewed about patients dying of COVID-19. The Texas-based funeral professional, who has worked as an embalmer for the past 30 years and won the South Central Texas Funeral Directors Association’s first-ever Embalmer of the Year award in 2019, offered to share his own harrowing COVID-related experiences, as well as the toll working in the funeral industry during the pandemic is taking on him and his colleagues.

The death rate in general over the past few years has been unprecedented. The baby boomer generation has begun to die, and we are seeing more bodies than ever before. Add COVID to that and we’re reaching a breaking point.

We get bodies out of ICU regularly, but not in the condition that these COVID bodies are in.

These folks were so swollen they were completely unrecognizable. We were also getting sent a lot of people who had died from COVID in nursing homes back at that time, and many of them had not been dead very long at all. Generally when we embalm, we utilize a major artery to inject the embalming fluid and we use its adjoining vein for drainage. The blood tends to settle out because it’s no longer flowing and it’ll gravitate to the dependent part of the body. The longer a body sits, the more blood clots that they develop. I was having people that had only been dead for a few hours and there were major clotting issues. The clots were the size of pancakes ― you never, never see those with someone who didn’t die of COVID.

Many of the people who were in the ICU were on ventilators, and they put adhesive patches on their cheeks. They can easily become septic and they drip that septic saliva on the sides of their faces and the skin in that area gets infected. We were literally receiving bodies with huge lesions on their cheeks or [patches that had gone] gangrene. The sad part is the families of these people, at that point, hadn’t been allowed to see their loved ones during the several weeks that they were in the ICU. So the body comes out in an almost unrecognizable condition, and then you have to explain to their family that their loved one doesn’t look anything like what they should.

Re-read that last piece. This is not just some ugly pneumonia, this is legit “Saw” sequel level horror unfolding. Think about the phrase, as he put it, “septic saliva” the idea that just spit dripping down can create massive lesions and disfigurement. Perhaps that needs to be more clearly outlined, even shown. These people literally have their entire bodies taken over by infection, to the point where they begin to degrade even before death.

The entire story is a must read and must absorb.

He goes onto say that he wishes more people would take the vaccine.

This is reality hitting South Central Texas right in the face.
                Driving that train, high on cocaine
                Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• Clarrythand
                  • Apr 2024

I believe that there is no way to deal with future pandemics in a radical way. In addition to the advantages, the same vaccine also has many disadvantages. I got interested and decided to read more about it among examples of research paper about pros and cons. On the one hand, the vaccine will help your body develop immunity to the coronavirus, on the other hand, the organs and body will not be able to cope properly and the effect will be total. Therefore, one cannot have an unambiguous opinion here.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2021, 5:56 AM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                    • Oct 2016

Today sucked, my Mom is very ill and we need to move her to an assisted living facility. She lives in AZ and my brother ( by her ) and I live in Illinois. I called to let him know I was going to need him to come with me to move her and go through her stuff. I asked if he has been vaccinated yet.

He went into a rant about untested, Trump and then Biden forced acceptance, and all the other Brietbart conspiracy bull shit. I tried to explain that people have said that for every vaccine and that he needed to man up as the home will not allow non-vaccinated people to visit. He refused and the call ended badly, very badly.

I really believe when all is said and done there needs to be people held to account for what they published. You can't yell fire in a movie theater regardless of Freedom of Speech and you should not be allowed to publish unsubstantiated information during a fucking worldwide epidemic.

Had to vent as I seriously doubt he and I will talk again, fucking asshole!

Comment

• confab
                      • May 2019

In other news, FDA's own advisory panel rejected (And it wasn't even close. They voted 16 to 2) the Pfizer booster shot for people under 65. The reason? Increased risk of heart inflammation.

Other data, like Canada's very large, 32K person sample, had better be wrong. As it shows an abnormally high rate of (1/1000) heart inflammation and other heart ailments after taking the Covid Vaccine.

If true, this could raise the death rate in these individuals within 5 years.

Testing is important and that's why we do it. Bypassing safety protocols in an emergency might make perfect sense. But limiting the damage is also reasonable and becomes more and more important as the scale of the vaccination program increases.

When you're talking about 7 billion people? Caution is warranted and particularly with the young.

Science takes time and, like every other human endeavor, politics and money fouls it up.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                        • Oct 2016

Science is learning from the past as well as breakthroughs today. And Science has shown that issues with vaccines show up within a few months. We have now been doing this long enough that Major issues would have popped up by now. The sample group in the U.S. is half the population.

Hey I am calling it like it is, there are a lot of cowards out there that are putting their own fears in front of the greater public good. People want to be unvaccinated, great let's open up some colonies for those and then setup something akin to the TB wards of old as they infect each other.

Edit: As a soldier we were lined up and hit with all kinds of vaccines when it looked like we were being sent to some third world country. You did it not only to protect yourself but also to protect those around you. There was none of this namby pamby, I don't wanna.
                        Last edited by DoomBuggy; 09-23-2021, 1:58 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                          • Oct 2016

Hit a nerve did I. Your arguments are senseless and self serving.

Edit: As I told my brother, let's say you are right and the 50% or so of the world population drops dead in 6 months, a year, whatever.

Do you really want to be one of those left behind? The end of the world is going to be a very messy and diseased place, just say'n.
                          Last edited by DoomBuggy; 09-23-2021, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• confab
                            • May 2019

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                            Hit a nerve did I. Your arguments are senseless and self serving.
                            LOL! I'm not the one demanding people who aren't at risk be vaccinated so I FEEL BETTER..

I'm the one saying that caution is warranted, particularly with the young. Who are the future and they're too young to know any better.

They rely on US to take care of them.

That's "senseless" and "self serving"

LMFAO!!

Edit: As I told my brother, let's say you are right and the 50% or so of the world population drops dead in 6 months, a year, whatever.

Do you really want to be one of those left behind? The end of the world is going to be a very messy and diseased place, just say'n.
                            Well, that's hyperbole.. But if it happened? I would be thankful if it was all the people in my age group and older, and not the youth.. Who (ONE MORE TIME for the Reading and Comprehension Challenged) aren't at particular risk, and are, literally, the future of humanity.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                              • Oct 2016

I'm guessing you never read Lord of the Flies then...

Comment

• Hoghead
                                • Jun 2015

My view on the vaccine is that it's probably worth the risk for old farts like me. Johnson and Johnson said themselves that it can take a decade to develop and prove out a vaccine. How could we then achieve this in months? Well, the 'platforms' for the Covid vaccine appear to have had a head start, being developed for things like Ebola, it's claimed. This whole thing is a balance of possibilities argument, so by the same basic logic i'd say it was a less attractive prospect for the young. My Great Nephews haven't been vaccinated, their Mum isn't keen for them to receive it either.

Harry- if I was your bro i'd consider it a worthwhile thing,but don't judge him too harshly. We live in a world of overwhelming access to info, decisions aren't simple anymore.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;