X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • confab
    • May 2019

What do we think about Covid?

Generally.. Any aspect of it.

I think it stole a year of everyone's life.

I believe it is a real virus, but the response is fake.

Now they're talking about bringing back the mask mandates.

Do you see the people running around freaking over this today, in public, behaving like it is a national health emergency in private?

They are and have been violating their own quarantines and rules. Having dinner with their health advisors, with no masks on. Mingling at events. Flying all over the place while their states were locked down.

If it were that dangerous, do you suppose they'd behave that way?
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

What's happening around the world

As of Wednesday, more than 195.8 million cases of COVID-19 had been reported worldwide, according to a case-tracking tool maintained by Johns Hopkins University. The reported global death toll stood at more than 4.1 million.

U.S. states and businesses scrambled Wednesday to change course after the federal government issued new guidance calling for the return of mask wearing in virus hot spots amid a dramatic spike in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations nationwide.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Fetch
      • Sep 2017

Got it in November, it was bad but survived and now have natural immunity. Doc says my antibody numbers are more than sufficient.......but the CDC still wants me to be vax'd ? Makes zero sense.

It's bad, but the media hype is worse. The reality is the "woke crowd" just learned that mortality is real and they are scared.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

As someone old enough to have had a childhood friend with polio I have a healthy respect for this disease. I am really sorry you were inconvenienced by the health professionals trying to save us. Right now 99% of new infections are in anti vaxers, so I figure that is Darwin at work.

The problem for the rest of us is that the anti-vaxers are a breeding ground for new variants. Next step will be to create the equivalent of TB wards or leprosy colonies for those who reuse to get protected.

Stupid is, as stupid does!

Comment

• DustyDave
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

I met a guy at the run last week that had Covid And 3 months after his doctor to him had immunity he got it again much worse. He is now vaccinated and practically a street corner preacher for vaccination. Says he won't listen to anything the Republicans say any more!
          Driving that train, high on cocaine
          Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
          Trouble ahead, trouble behind
          And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• confab
            • May 2019

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            What's happening around the world

As of Wednesday, more than 195.8 million cases of COVID-19 had been reported worldwide, according to a case-tracking tool maintained by Johns Hopkins University. The reported global death toll stood at more than 4.1 million.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/corona...2021-1.6120391
            The problem here has been a real uncertainty about who died because of covid. Our flu deaths have dropped, for example. Dr. Fauci claims this proves that masks work, because masking eliminated the flu! Amazing, right? Well, it may not be so amazing if we are conflating flu deaths with CV19 deaths.

To further complicate matters, we have a bunch of dingbat (which is being very generous) governors who isolated known CV19 positive elderly with the uninfected elderly. This lead to enormous spikes in deaths among these groups.

Also, I have read, but have not confirmed, that there was a financial incentive for hospitals to report deaths as covid related, as opposed to other causes.

And the death rates I've seen (here at least) are skewed heavily across demographic groups. With the elderly being the most susceptible, but the very young being completely immune from the effects of the virus as well as contributing to its spread.

So, yeah.. It's real and there's a lot of people dead. But we're not sure exactly who and the deaths fall heavily into the upper strata of our aged and elderly population.

It is a big problem in America, but only for certain people.
            Last edited by confab; 07-29-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• confab
              • May 2019

Originally posted by Fetch
              Got it in November, it was bad but survived and now have natural immunity. Doc says my antibody numbers are more than sufficient.......but the CDC still wants me to be vax'd ? Makes zero sense.
              Same here.. It was like walking pneumonia and I was really tired. Took almost a month to completely shake it off, but it is fine now. Like you say, antibody levels in the naturally immune are comparable, or higher, than in the vaccinated, so I'm not worried either.

My father is 83 and we did get him the shot. No side effects. He seems fine also.

It's bad, but the media hype is worse. The reality is the "woke crowd" just learned that mortality is real and they are scared.
              Oh, I know.. It's totally political now. A theater of the absurd.

Some of it may be explainable by simple greed. And while I understand why big pharma and big med would like to vaccinate 7 billion people, twice, and have governments all over the world simply inflate their currencies to cover the cost of that? I don't think it is necessary.

I also think I am far more concerned about the terrible precedents set during this pandemic than I am about the pandemic itself.

Comment

• Hoghead
                • Jun 2015

It's for real here, we've lost a few of our City Hospital's best loved staff. Yes, it's swept through the elderly, but I get sick of hearing the accompanying words 'underlying causes'. Our government has bowed to lobbyists, and was tardy in announcing lock downs, but the vaccination roll out was swift. The impact on lives and the accompanying national debt are huge.
                I personally think the Chinese State owes the World an apology, but abhor the amount of shit given to people of Asian extraction.

Comment

• Hoghead
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by confab

I also think I am far more concerned about the terrible precedents set during this pandemic than I am about the pandemic itself.
                  Yep, every big disaster from 9-11 to Covid 19 has resulted in loss of liberty through new legislation. The contracts handed out in the wake of the epidemic in the UK have been a model of poor practice and corruption too.

Comment

• confab
                    • May 2019

Originally posted by Hoghead
                    I personally think the Chinese State owes the World an apology, but abhor the amount of shit given to people of Asian extraction.
                    Totally agree.

Here, there has always been a simmering jealousy between some elements of our urban population and the Asians. After Cv19, those have spilled into the open and crimes of violence against Asians are on the rise.

Asia is a big fucking place and it is incredibly diverse. Most of the people doing this are stone idiots who don't know who they're attacking. Just that they're "Asian" and that's close enough!

And China has big juice here and elsewhere. Many of our politicians are openly in bed with these communist slavers and aren't even embarrassed by it anymore.

Just one headline from a week or so ago:

By a vote of 216 to 207 Tuesday evening, Democrats in the House of Representatives blocked consideration of a bill that would require the Director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the origins of the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic, specifically information about any role the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have played in the pandemic’s outbreak.

The COVID-19 Origin Act was introduced in the U.S. Senate by Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Mike Braun (R-IN) and passed unanimously in May.
                    In this case it is the democrats, but there's plenty of Republicans on their payroll as well. And most of our elites who exercise a good bit of control over the "feeder system" into American politics in the first place.
                    Last edited by confab; 07-29-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• confab
                      • May 2019

Yep, every big disaster from 9-11 to Covid 19 has resulted in loss of liberty through new legislation. The contracts handed out in the wake of the epidemic in the UK have been a model of poor practice and corruption too.
                      Yeah.. That is how it looks here, also. 9/11 is an apt comparison.

But even without the legislative encroachments on liberty. I don't think we can just "shut down" the economy and isolate tens of millions of people every time there's a bug going around.

There's big power in its own right involved in that and it is a license to print money. (which they love) But, I'm not sure how the economy or the public's mental health will fare if this becomes the norm?

AND THEN, as you say, there's the authoritarian, legislative measures on top of it.

Comment

• Hoghead
                        • Jun 2015

Nope the shutdown doesn't help us all. We'd just spent months getting a brother of mine back on the rails , then the Government locked down the whole of the UK for November. I kept in touch via Social Media, but couldn't visit as I wasn't part of his authorised bubble. On Friday 13th November 2020, he committed suicide. Swear to God that pushed him over the edge.

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by confab
                          Totally agree.

Here, there has always been a simmering jealousy between some elements of our urban population and the Asians. After Cv19, those have spilled into the open and crimes of violence against Asians are on the rise.

Asia is a big fucking place and it is incredibly diverse. Most of the people doing this are stone idiots who don't know who they're attacking. Just that they're "Asian" and that's close enough!

And China has big juice here and elsewhere. Many of our politicians are openly in bed with these communist slavers and aren't even embarrassed by it anymore.

Just one headline from a week or so ago:

In this case it is the democrats, but there's plenty of Republicans on their payroll as well. And most of our elites who exercise a good bit of control over the "feeder system" into American politics in the first place.
                          Let's hope it was an accidental escape, rather than a deliberate act of war by a totalitarian state. Someone complained to me recently and said 'we're all in this together' . Are we? I don't think so.
                          It also sickens me to see politicians and industrialists rush to get cheap labour in countries where ordinary people have no rights. Our former manufacturing centre's cities are full of unemployed drug addicts. The price of overseas sourcing is too high for most states. Fuck globalisation , it's just another excuse for exploitation.
                          Yeah, someone's going to tell me, money talks.....

Comment

• confab
                            • May 2019

I am sorry to hear that, man..

It has been the same here with lockdowns, except mostly youth suicides. Elderly people dying alone, with only some care worker for comfort.

And they subtly moved the lockdown goalpost.

Originally, it was "15 days to bend the curve!" Because the theory was that people would all end up in ICU with Covid. The ICU's would be overwhelmed because of bed space considerations. Spread of infectious disease considerations. And a lack of medical equipment. (specifically, ventilators.) This fear was compounded by the images from Italy in the early stages of the pandemic and since we lacked therapeutics? Lockdowns were ordered to avoid depleting these resources and leaving people to die in hospital hallways.

That never came to pass here (there's an argument as to why) but it never did.. THEN, the goal post began to move from not overwhelming the ICU to preventing anyone, anywhere, from ever getting Covid. Which is, of course, impossible.

And then came the money and the politics and, before you know it? "15 days" had stretched to over a year.

It is arguable if this was wise or good, but it absolutely was not the intention or the stated goal early on. The goal was not to run out of bed space or equipment.
                            Last edited by confab; 07-29-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• confab
                              • May 2019

Let's hope it was an accidental escape, rather than a deliberate act of war by a totalitarian state.
                              Indeed.

My theory isn't one you hear every day, but it kind of makes sense. I think it was a deliberate release that got out of control and it was probably intended to deal with the protesters in Hong Kong.

Notice you haven't heard from them in a while? Because CV19 provided the rationale to step in and stop that shit, pronto.

It also sickens me to see politicians and industrialists rush to get cheap labour in countries where ordinary people have no rights.
                              Yeah, that's how it looks from here, also. It's a little too close to buying cotton from the Confederacy for my liking.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;