CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by glennshovel View Post
    incredible man. I lot to live up to. Well, I bought it because I've always wanted to learn how to work on motorcycles. I wanted to have something to bring my dad in on and spend more time with him. Maybe because money is tight I'd better stick to just getting it running and chopping to my preferences with the resources available -
    You would have a LOT to change to restore it, and that is really pointless unless you just want to restore it (that is usually my impulse as well). But good original examples are out there, and unmolested original bikes bring better money. Your bike has been molested plenty, so the originality is long gone. If I were you, I would get it running well, paint to suit yourself, and yourself only, and then make changes as you get familiar with the bike's character. No rush, it's a hobby. Have fun with it, most of all.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    You would have a LOT to change to restore it, and that is really pointless unless you just want to restore it (that is usually my impulse as well). But good original examples are out there, and unmolested original bikes bring better money. Your bike has been molested plenty, so the originality is long gone. If I were you, I would get it running well, paint to suit yourself, and yourself only, and then make changes as you get familiar with the bike's character. No rush, it's a hobby. Have fun with it, most of all.

Jim
    love this view Jim. My only intention is enjoyment - could give a rats about how I'm seen, Im glad to hear its already molested, so now i can start to play and not worry about ruining something -

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by glennshovel View Post
    love this view Jim. My only intention is enjoyment - could give a rats about how I'm seen, Im glad to hear its already molested, so now i can start to play and not worry about ruining something -
    Yep that would be my view also........... Ride it and enjoy it.......

Share This