CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Piece fell out of carb Help Identify? Stock Harley 1979 Keihin butterfly carb

Hey Guys, This tiny piece is not in the service manual. It fell out of my carb while I was cleaning it.
    the carb is the stock from 1978.5- 1979 AMF Shovelhead Keihin butterfly carb

Can anyone identify?

I really appreciate any help here. I simply can't find anything it would fit in.

Here are two photos of it and a couple photos of the carb/ Service manual page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (2433).jpg   20200626-_GWP7474.jpg   20200626-_GWP7475.jpg   20200626-_GWP7476.jpg   20200626-_GWP7477.jpg  

Last edited by glennshovel; 06-27-2020 at 7:34 PM.

If itís a cv carb, I seem to remember a piece like that that goes in the top of the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by armand View Post
    If it’s a cv carb, I seem to remember a piece like that that goes in the top of the carb.
    Thank you Armand- Do you remember if there was a visible hole to put it? ( i just attached a couple more reference photos)

Quote Originally Posted by glennshovel View Post
    Thank you Armand- Do you remember if there was a visible hole to put it? ( i just attached a couple more reference photos)
    That is not a cv carb. But on my cv it is where the pencil is pointing on the attached pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38F79D4B-92E6-4547-8400-EA9AA4E0E2F8.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	104541

Quote Originally Posted by armand View Post
    That is not a cv carb. But on my cv it is where the pencil is pointing on the attached pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38F79D4B-92E6-4547-8400-EA9AA4E0E2F8.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	104541
    Really Appreciate it - Mine is a Stock Keihin Butterfly-
    So the "Collar" Will go under that screw you are pointing at?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I think someone may be playing with you .. !!

I have been in a world of those Butterfly Keihins and have never seen those parts you have in hand in em .. ??

Did you piss-off somebody recently .. ??

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post

I have been in a world of those Butterfly Keihins and have never seen those parts you have in hand in em .. ??

I worked with a old man who kept a box of odd parts to add to the other mechanics tables. Nothing like seeing a Cummings wedding band laying on the table after it's all built and back in the truck. And the old bastard would watch you spend a day pulling the pan and rechecking all the bearings. It came to blows several times but retirement seemed to be the only thing that put a stop to it.
    Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDave View Post
    I worked with a old man who kept a box of odd parts to add to the other mechanics tables. Nothing like seeing a Cummings wedding band laying on the table after it's all built and back in the truck. And the old bastard would watch you spend a day pulling the pan and rechecking all the bearings. It came to blows several times but retirement seemed to be the only thing that put a stop to it.
    Dusty
    Jesus- Sorta Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post

haha damn! Well.. I think ill just put her back together and try to forget it

Share This