Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pete808
    • Apr 2017

New to me 84 FXE

Long time since I've been on the forum, been distracted with other hobbies. Picked up a really nice and clean 1984 FXE from the original owner. Tank is original paint and overall the bike looks great. Over the years he changed a couple small things like bars, carb, pipes, seat but for the most part its original. Since it is not messed with I am eventually going to put it back to all stock but for now I need to change the crazy ape hangers on it to something more manageable and maybe raise it an inch or two. I have a set of bars that I like for it, just need to cut a few inches off the side to make them a little more narrow since the bike has a slim look. Not really a build thread since I am not doing anything but a couple quick changes but thought I would share my new addition to the always growing stable.
    Attached Files
  • confab
    • May 2019

Sweet bike. You never see those unmolested anymore.

In a few years, you'll be happy you went with bolt on mods you can undo easily.

Comment

• pete808
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by confab
      Sweet bike. You never see those unmolested anymore.

In a few years, you'll be happy you went with bolt on mods you can undo easily.
      yes 100% agree. I have a couple bikes that are completely messed with and cut up but most of my bikes are close to original. This one will be very easy to put back to stock.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Nice score. It would be stupid to heavily mod one that clean and original since the world is full of tired Shovels needing rehab.

That would be a fine candidate to restore completely then mothball while riding something expendable.

Comment

• confab
          • May 2019

Originally posted by pete808
          yes 100% agree. I have a couple bikes that are completely messed with and cut up but most of my bikes are close to original. This one will be very easy to put back to stock.
          Yeah.. That's why I won't cut mine up.

There's tons that have been hacked to pieces already.. The ones that haven't ARE the unique bikes now. lol.

You never see them.

Comment

• rockman96
            • May 2018

That is one of the sweetest, cleanest examples I've seen in a while! Love it! My 81 can never be stock again, which 30 years ago didn't seem like a big deal.

Comment

• Tater66
              • Mar 2019

Good thinking on the bars. Not a fan of whats on there.

My 63 Duo has some minor, easily reversible mods that the next owner can leave or restore. I even saved a tiny bit that was cut off of swing arm if they wanna get anal about it. The older I get the more I appreciate well loved stock stuff.

I have a 40 year old Japanese guitar that is stock but beat up and played hard. Replacement parts are impossible to come by. Local guitar shop is trying to convince me into a work-around/hack job but I'm holding out for original parts. 1.5 years of searching the globe.

Comment

• cdwillis
                • Dec 2018

Damn, that is super clean. Some mini apes on taller risers would look nice on there.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;