Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by rockman96
    A stator that goes to ground is not a dead short. There is involved.
    One of many dictionary examples..... I guess you know more????

short circuit
    n.
    A low-resistance connection between two points in an electric circuit through which the current tends to flow rather than along the intended path.
    Last edited by Tattooo; 11-14-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• rockman96
      • May 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
      Or you....... Do you know the answer to my question???
      I don't really care about your question. You jumped right in with how "everyone is giving random answers without knowing"... I was simply reminding you that you were the first to reply to his questions with "it sounds like a dead short to me".

One of many dictionary examples..... I guess you know more????

short circuit
      n.
      A low-resistance connection between two points in an electric circuit through which the current tends to flow rather than along the intended path.
      Dictionaries won't teach you AC theory, tattooo. Impedance and resistance are two similar, yet very different things. AC coils by nature are low resistance but have impedance which is the factor that makes the difference.
      Last edited by rockman96; 11-14-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Dictionaries won't teach you AC theory, tattooo. Impedance and resistance are two similar, yet very different things. AC coils by nature are low resistance but have impedance which is the factor that makes the difference.
        Thank you, you proved my point......

I see that the OP hasn't posted since the his first post and I don't blame him at all...... We all have a right to post our opinion right or wrong.... We still don't have enough info to help him....

I myself hope he comes back so we can help him but it isn't looking good.....

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

I don't really care about your question. You jumped right in with how "everyone is giving random answers without knowing"...
          LOL I jumped right in???? It was post #12......

Comment

• rockman96
            • May 2018

Thank you, you proved my point......
            Point? I just tried to explain to you why it is NOT a direct short when AC is flowing. You obviously do not have any background in AC electrics, so I don't know why you're arguing the matter.

LOL I jumped right in???? It was post #12......
            It sounds like a dead short to me....... When you attach the + side of the battery with the - side hooked up does it spark?????? That's an easy way to start........
            This was post 2, not "post 12"...

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Point? I just tried to explain to you why it is NOT a direct short when AC is flowing. You obviously do not have any background in AC electrics, so I don't know why you're arguing the matter.

You do know we are also talking about a bike which is DC right???????

And by the way yes I do have a back ground in AC.... I took it in school worked for an electrical company for years and wired my house, shop and many other structures..... And I could go on but there is no need.....
              Last edited by Tattooo; 11-14-2021, 6:19 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

This was post 2, not "post 12"...
                No it wasn't... I was responding to this post below... It has nothing to do with my #2 post...

I don't really care about your question. You jumped right in with how "everyone is giving random answers without knowing"...
                ^^^ That was post #12 you were talking about....^^^^

I'm not arguing with you...... Have a great evening.....

Comment

• rockman96
                  • May 2018

You do know we are also talking about a bike which is DC right???????

And by the way yes I do have a back ground in AC.... I took it in school worked for an electrical company for years and wired my house, shop and many other structures..... And I could go on but there is no need.....
                  If you studied AC and you're still arguing, then I really don't know what else to say to you.

No it wasn't... I was responding to this post below... It has nothing to do with my #2 post...

^^^ That was post #12 you were talking about....^^^^

I'm not arguing with you...... Have a great evening.....
                  Go back and look. The quote I highlighted was post #2... Where the first thing you said was "sounds like a dead short to me".

And yes, you are arguing. Why the hell you're doing that is beyond me, on a logical level.
                  Last edited by rockman96; 11-14-2021, 7:43 PM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

And yes, you are arguing. Why the hell you're doing that is beyond me, on a logical level.
                    Logical or not... I guess this all started when you jumped on my post right off the bat when we don't even know the guys problem..... Or was it because I posted first?????

I still say it could be a short...... But I doubt we will ever know because this thread has gone sideways.....
                    Last edited by Tattooo; 11-15-2021, 6:45 AM.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Go back and look. The quote I highlighted was post #2... Where the first thing you said was "sounds like a dead short to me".
                      Nope. I'll post it below just in case you missed it... And also below is what you quoted.......
                      Or you....... Do you know the answer to my question???
                      I don't really care about your question. You jumped right in with how "everyone is giving random answers without knowing"... I was simply reminding you that you were the first to reply to his questions with "it sounds like a dead short to me".
                      You also referenced my post on #12....

Either way this tread is done as it has solved nothing.....
                      Last edited by Tattooo; 11-15-2021, 6:36 AM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TriNortchopz

Technical Documents
                        "Cycle Electric Inc. offers the following documents to help technicians track down electrical problems. In the past this section presented information in random paragraphs. In an attempt to organize it we have broken the information up into documents on different subjects. Most of them where written as articles that ran in Iron Works magazine and go into more detail on each subject.
                        You may need to read more than one document to find what you need to know."

http://www.cycleelectricinc.com/
                        My 2 cents .....

Since your running a mini battery in the horse-shoe oil tank, you'll need a low voltage reg ...

Give Carl a call at Cycle-Ele ... (937-884-7300) and ........

Last edited by Dragstews; 11-15-2021, 8:03 AM.
                        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• CupidsDeathDay
                          • Mar 2013

I haven't been active in a few weeks due to moving houses, but man, what a ride has it been reading through. Haha.
                          I have taken into account the voltage regulator, and got an new one that was sure to work with my battery, just to be safe. It had an unnamed unmarked one on when I bought her. As for shorting out under the seat, my seat has cloth underneath the pan, and shows no signs of rubbing or gouge marks. I also, for those wondering, have an after-market 3-pos ignition switch. I don't know that it's name brand or nothing, as I can't seem to find any numbers on it. So the owner probably bought some generic one, based on what I have seen on it so far. I plan to get a better one, but not sure if that could be the trouble. As for the dead-short conversation, I have taken a full look around the bike, and found no indications of such shortage. But the wiring is a bit dirty, and some is tucked up, so who knows if I can't see something hidden. But if I buy a new battery, she starts up after a few kicks, but now dies within minutes. I barely had time to get her warmed up, and taken around the block before dying again. So it could be a loose wire rubbing that's gotten worse?. I plan to go over the whole wiring harness(possibly creating a whole new one) this winter.
                          Last edited by CupidsDeathDay; 12-10-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;