Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Brown Sugar make over ( revisited )

So most of you know that I had an eventful 2020. I retired on July 1st, 2020, finished the repaint on Brown Sugar, had a heart attack, then wrecked the bike, and finally the missus fell and broke her arm. All within two months of retiring!

Fortunately the only real damage to the bike was the front end, paint, and frame. Jesse set me up with one of those killer frames he reps for and I am still hunting down a set of +2 Kayabe 35mm tubes to complete the front end.

I have been somewhat delayed taking care of the missus and waiting for my "bud" to do up seat for me. Finally got tired of waiting for him and hooked up with 83 Seats aka Schroeder Performance. Thursday I picked up a seat pan, front mount, and a set of "air Bag" shocks for the seat. Going with the solo look this time. I am not 100% sold on the air bags, but the mounts will work for a set of ChopperShox if I decide I hate them.

I should have the mounting tabs early next week and will then flesh out this build thread. I am pretty excited, after Jesse reworked the heads and we added the mild cam to it, the motor was running like silk.

On the painting front I have decided to do minimal molding as I want to showcase this frame, not often you see one with all the tabs and brackets still on there. The color scheme will be a "love it or hate it" deal. A metallic off white base with sort of a burnt orange contrast color and lots of little detail work.

More to come as this starts to come together. ( I just need to pull myself away from the new guitar amp modeler I picked up, damn technology is seriously bad ass in the music world! )
  • 70fatster
    • Jan 2013

I think you will like the airbags on the seat. My rigid rides nicer than my wife's stock sporty ever did!
    I plumbed mine to a bicycle tire pump with gauge mounted under the seat. About 15 pumps gives me 20 psi in my two bags and it is just about perfect.

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Which make/model bags are ya using? I just had back surgery and comfort tops everything else.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

The ones I have are not adjustable, you order per your weight range. I am in the 150-200 range. I'll have to look at the brand when I head out.

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

... That's bout right .. !!

Last edited by Dragstews; 07-18-2021, 8:01 AM.
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;