Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Everything flexed back then. It wasn't much of an issue. Fork DIVE was typically more a concern. gsresources would be a good place to ask about fork swaps but the answer to needing a modern motorcycle is to get a modern motorcycle, not go down the rathole trying to update an incredibly ancient design. I threw a couple of PVC spacers in mine but I forget the length.

Of course the fluid's likely not been changed so fresh fork juice could reduce fork dive.

EDIT: I'd still go through the carbs especially if the EPA plugs are still installed (which mean they've never been cleaned as I've never heard nor seen ANYONE install a new set (which would have to have been a dealer and dealer mechs hate time-wasters).
    Last edited by farmall; 08-05-2021, 6:49 PM.

Comment

• gtalex
      • Aug 2021

Was anything changed or worked on prior to losing power? That is often the clue.
      My first thought was cam timing or retarded ignition timing. But fix the obvious first.

Comment

• Allen9X
        • Sep 2021

Originally posted by farmall
        Compression test first is a rule. Check for air leaks at any hoses and check for cracked carb boots since the originals are probably harder than woodpecker lips by now. If it has a vacuum fuel valve like my 81 did they can fail and limit fuel flow.

What airbox and exhaust is it running?
        My friend is looking at this '81 GS750e with the same issue. We're gonna start with the compression test first. Got to finish installing the lift kit from 4Wheelonline onto the truck tomorrow before we can clear the garage and take her in.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;