CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 91 sportster wiring

Hello everyone!!

I just bought my first motorcycle! I am super excited. I just finished building the engine I did the conversion to a 1200 from the 883. But now my question is wiring. I have been looking and I canít seem to find a bare bones wiring harness and the routing. I want to stick to just the essentials Iím not too worried about turn signals or anything. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you 😊

P.s I am ok with building my own harness with the right diagram.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

oh look:

"sportster evo basic wiring chopcult"

About 293,000 results (0.48 seconds)
    https://www.google.com/search?q=spor...t=firefox-b-ab

Get Adobe Flash player

Review your wiring methods and practices to ensure a professional job. If you even think of using those shitty sleeved auto store splices, do not.

Get Adobe Flash player

Theres a dude on Instagram @apeknucklehaints who sells a kit called the "sportster treatment" wiring kit. I think he sells them thru lowbrow too now. I think they are about $200 he's been selling a bunch of them. Now...of course you can do it yourself much much cheaper or nearly free if you have connectors/terminals heat shrink, etc laying around the house or cheap from any auto parts store. In my opinion the best way to simplify wiring harness is to look at a stock wiring diagram and then trace out what you need. It only takes a few wires to run a sportster of that year. But, if you don't mind paying for plug and play setup ready to go then i'd check out @apeknucklehaints

Get Adobe Flash player

100% get the Sportster Treatment wiring harness. 100% tested with great quality. Yea, it's $209 but the ease of install is worth it's weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Melmel View Post
    Hello everyone!!

I just bought my first motorcycle! I am super excited. I just finished building the engine I did the conversion to a 1200 from the 883. But now my question is wiring. I have been looking and I canít seem to find a bare bones wiring harness and the routing. I want to stick to just the essentials Iím not too worried about turn signals or anything. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you 😊

P.s I am ok with building my own harness with the right diagram.
    I'm sure you have already started/finished with this but the one that TriNortChoppz suggested is really easy. Just remember to address the kill switch if you decide to not run it like I did. I ignored the comments about how to wire it and the bike wasnt getting spark because of that. Good luck with everything!

Share This