Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CBModder71
    • Mar 2016

Cb750 chop hard start wont stay running

Getting fuel,spark, and air but the 3-4 cylinders are running way hot and the bike wont stay running unless the choke is on. Running mikuni carbs and a power arc electrical system now. Has good compression and the oil pressure seems fine as well. Anything helpsClick image for larger version

Name:	20210714_155819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	1346838Click image for larger version

Name:	20210714_153735.jpg
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	1346839
  • SaddleTramp98
    • Apr 2020

I'd check for vacuum leaks between the carbs and the heads, I'm having the same kinda problem along with a dirty carb. Check your rubber sealing parts for dry rot, cracks, rips, or pinholes. Also check your intakes from the carb to the heads for pinholes at the welds maybe. Check that your clamps are tightened down good. Are the carbs clean? Could be your Filters/velocity stacks are leaning your mixture out too much if the bikes not jetted for them.

Hope it helps

Comment

• CBModder71
      • Mar 2016

Ok so my carbs are clean and floats are functioning properly most of the rubber is brand new on it and from what im reading in my bible I think is either some sort of ignition issue or a timing issue. Was going to buy a compression gauge tomorrow just to see where im at and go from there.

Comment

• CBModder71
        • Mar 2016

Does have some head leaks so I do need a gasket kit but it has been bored to an 836 as well

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

maybe some info here to reference;

Hondachopper Garage
          Since most shops REFUSE to work on choppers, we've got to educate ourselves and build our skills in the garage. This will be the place to share your hard-won knowledge."

Click image for larger version

Name:	choplogo_sm.jpg
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1319242

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• CBModder71
            • Mar 2016

Alright thanks

Comment

• choadpanther
              • Aug 2011

The Cycle-X twin carb set up you have is the culprit. Because the intake manifolds are uneven you'll always be running rich & lean on two cylinders. They're a fucking bitch to tune properly! I know because I've been dealing with the issue for a while now and opted to buy some OEM round top carbs and will be putting those on soon. Do a search on the honda chopper site and you'll see countless threads about the same issue. Your compression needs to be solid as fuck for the bike to run somewhat decent with the twin carb set up as well.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;