CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: DEW fork tubes

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default DEW fork tubes

Im on the prowl for extended tubes. Past discussions have mentioned quality issues with most mfg's with the exception of Franks and Custom Cycle. Those are at the top of the list but the price is high. Then I stumble upon DEW tubes. Budget friendly, yes. Quality ? Not sure.

If anyone who has direct, hands-on experience with these tubes please chime in.

T.C. Bros 8 over tubes are what I have on my sportster. $250 for everything you need besides the fork oil. Mine are good, so far no problems.

I looked up the DEW tubes and the ones on Amazon were like $300 for just the tubes and the description said " custom cycle engineering" that's who makes Lowbrows tubes so idk what's up with that.

I heard someone got tubes from Frank's cheaper than T.C. Bros or anywhere but I'm not positive they did.

Just shop around, but I'd go with Frank's or T.C. bros before DEW. Throttle addiction looked like they had something around $180 but they may just be the tubes by themselves.

Hope this helps

Get Adobe Flash player

The problem Im running into is a vendor has CCE tubes listed but the description mentions DEW so Im confused on whats what.

May be DEW is the supplier or something like that. I have no idea if CCE is the tube manufacturer and they are rebranded like you mention about Lowbrow tubes. Could be that DEW is a reseller or even possible that they are the manufacturer and CCE is a reseller. The mystery continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Tater66 View Post
    The problem Im running into is a vendor has CCE tubes listed but the description mentions DEW so Im confused on whats what.

May be DEW is the supplier or something like that. I have no idea if CCE is the tube manufacturer and they are rebranded like you mention about Lowbrow tubes. Could be that DEW is a reseller or even possible that they are the manufacturer and CCE is a reseller. The mystery continues...
    Whatever the case, TC Bros tubes come with new seals, retaining clips and even the bolts for the damper tube.
    I've got 3 sets already. Good quality. Available in gold as well.

Get Adobe Flash player

May be DEW is the supplier or something like that. I have no idea if CCE is the tube manufacturer and they are rebranded like you mention about Lowbrow tubes.
    Could be that DEW is a reseller or even possible that they are the manufacturer and CCE is a reseller. The mystery continues...
    "After running Custom Cycle Engineering for many years Randy (Smith, founded Custom Cycle Engineering in 1967) sold his interest in the company to Rick and Jim Whitehead of DEW Mfg. in 1989.
    DEW Mfg. was est. in 1971 and is one of the largest manufactures of extension fork tubes for the Harley aftermarket industry...
    DEW Mfg. not only makes fork tubes, we also design custom triple trees, risers, front hub spools, tweek bars and clutches..."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randy-Smith-45-Magnum-Poster.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	104415
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randy-Smith-Photo-2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	104417
    https://customcycleengineering.net/about-us/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD-Museum-3.jpg  
    Last edited by TriNortchopz; 07-15-2021 at 7:14 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ok, so the DEW crew is(was) CCE. Would it be safe to say thats still the case ?

I ask because CCE fork tubes are listed near $600 and DEW tubes are half the price. If they are indeed the same thing then Im doing the DEW.

(BTW, egay vendor pulled the plug when questioned about the difference. Wouldn't surprise me if they pop up in a day or two with a higher price)

$600.00 for CCE fork tubes? I sell them for 320.00.

Get Adobe Flash player

Are you sure the price difference isn't between the "hard" and "show" chrome versions? CCE makes both and there's a substantial price difference.

Get Adobe Flash player

I did check again and yes, the price diff is SC vs HC versions. The money is about the same CCE or DEW branded.

As I said, the egay vendor pulled the plug on my purchase after they realized they fucked up and almost sold HC for the SC price.

You do no there are other places then Flea-Bay to buy parts, right?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by pan620 View Post
    You do no there are other places then Flea-Bay to buy parts, right?
    Do you have a web site?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rockman96 View Post
    Do you have a web site?
    I am actually looking for a decent set of +2 35mm Kayaba tubes for an early 70s Sporty or FX. I tried to email Frank's but their website just says they are moving ( Still? ).

Don't mind paying a fair price as I just wasted $200.00 on an ebay set that I can't thread the tops all the way on and would really like to put a bow on the front end at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman96 View Post
    Do you have a web site?
    TCBroschoppers.com

Share This