Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cracksmokin
    • Jul 2021

Need certified appraisal

hey guys, this is my last resort. I picked up a cheap 93 big twin in a rigid frame from a dude who got it in a storge auction. He didn't have the title to it, so I'm going the bonded title route instead of getting a MSO frame. One of the last things I need is a certified appraisal. Harley in my town won't do neither will anybody else so I'm stuck. By chance could anybody could hook up a certified appraisal? MUST include dealer's license number and signed and dated. I'll pay for your time. Thanks
    Attached Files
  • docmel
    • May 2015

Ive been down this road.. What you didnt mention is have you had the local cop shop run the VIN on the engine to see if its stolen? That needs to be done before you start the appraiser thing or spend any money, because DMV will run the numbers when all the paperwork gets to them regardless, no matter what appraisal is done.

Comment

• cracksmokin
      • Jul 2021

It's been vin inspected by the patrol it's clean. The only thing holding me back now is the appraisal. I took them a hagerty vaule appraisal but they won't take it. it needs to be a certified appraisal

Comment

• DustyDave
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Most states that require certified inspectors have a list. Sometimes takes a few calls to hit someone who isn't an ass hole. If its old enough to use a title mill I've had good luck with them but have heard awful stories. So do your research if you take that route. But you get a clean title with a title mill. Last one I dealt with sent me a registration and a tag so I rode for a year before I had to deal with my MVD.
        Dusty
        Driving that train, high on cocaine
        Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
        Trouble ahead, trouble behind
        And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

I just buy clean titled frames instead. No fuss, no MSO or other special paperwork no mess and where I live no inspection. A recip saw makes short work of teardown and the leftovers make dandy drivetrain caddies: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52133

If your state accepts appraisals from any vehicle dealer another route could be a used car dealer. I'd tell them I just want a lowball (because value is irrelevant) appraisal to pass the system and show them your paperwork. Pick some small dealer with older used cars as they're used to dealing with low-end shitboxes and can actually use the money.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;