Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRare
    • Aug 2019

Twin Cam B

Just snagged a really good deal on a twin cam b motor and I originally intended on just parting it out but it sparked a bit of interest. I've heard of someone hardtailing a twin cam b and was wondering if it's a worthwhile endeavor to chop one. I'd imagine it's an insane amount of work. Also was wondering if it's possible to eliminate the balancer and convert the motor to a twin cam a? I've done a quick search so apologies if it's been answered elsewhere. Seems like maybe a part out is the best bet. Any info would be appreciated.
  • tzienlee
    • Apr 2024

Wot's a 'twin cam' ?.....

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

They are Twinkies .. !!

Originally posted by tzienlee
      Wot's a 'twin cam' ?.....

The balance shaft can be omitted ...

... /// https://youtu.be/L7W2HKtdWRo \\\ ...
      Last edited by Dragstews; 06-29-2021, 6:48 PM.
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• StuJ66
        • Aug 2016

I have one of those "Twinkie" B motors as a daily. Never tought about chopping it. The motor / tranny combo bolted together is kinda bulky. Not sure it would look very good without a metric shit-ton of work. My $0.02.

Comment

• DRare
          • Aug 2019

That's what i was afraid of. Oh well, should be able to part it out and make a decent bit. Not sure what the parts demand is like for those, but I'd rather build a shovel anyways. Thanks for the advice fellas

Comment

• StuJ66
            • Aug 2016

Shit, do whatever you want. You could still build a bike with it. Havent seen any choppers with twin cam engines. But, I am sure somebody has tried it. You may figure out some cool tricks along the way that you could share. Likely, the end result would not be worth as much as a shovel or pan. But, if we were in it solely for the money, we would all be broke. Lol.
            Last edited by StuJ66; 06-28-2021, 7:14 PM.

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

There are plenty of Twin Cam choppers but the purpose of a chopper is either to be a traditional pre-TC era HD big twin or to simulate one using another motorcycle.

B's are nice and smooth and Paughco make frames for them but it's not worth it since the same amount of effort would get a Shovel or other traditional drivetrain.

Comment

• Solex
                • Nov 2015

Twinkies can be had cheap at times, seen some wild and mild TC’s chopped. Either you hate them or love them, not many in between. I grabbed this cheap Night train and did a few cheap bolt on mods to change it up and get away from stock. May even hard tail it eventually.
                Attached Files

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

The above was worth doing because it's a complete motorcycle (looks good too) but for someone with just an engine it would be an expensive way to go.

Comment

• golfish
                    • Jul 2017

This bike is a twin cam. It has S&S case that were made so the engine would mount in a evo frame. It's a 96"

Comment

• DRare
                      • Aug 2019

Thanks for the pics fellas. Decided i'll either part it out or let it sit in the garage as a paper weight. Either way i'm gonna chase the shovelhead dream for a bit if i can find one.

Comment

• farmall
                        • Apr 2013

There are plenty of Shovels in the east and PA has many swap meets. Get on the Facebook groups which is where most sales moved. If ya want a Shovel it makes most sense to sell your paperweight (because that's the least desirable Twin Cam except to someone who needs one!). If in good running shape it would go for more intact as the world is full of TC takeoff parts. Alternate option, find an appropriate Softail with a title that needs a drivetrain, build a basic bike cheap (swap meet and Facebook parts) then sell it for Shovel money.

Let the dollars decide, never go shopping hungry and never marry what you can pimp.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;