Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abcon
    • Jun 2021

Has anyone chopped a gl1100

I have purchased a gl1100 after buying a stretched tank and a solo seat I'm about to chop the frame. I'm looking for ideas and info on front end conversion kits I'm wanting to run a Springer front end and I'll be looking for wheels or a conversion for the rear also
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Japanese Bike Steering Stem Bearing Sizes

GL1100:
    Upper: 26 x 47 x 15
    Lower: 30 x 55 x 17

Compliments of "a member on another forum", Sorted by size, upper and lower. Just find yours and you can see what else shares the same size for a swapping donor. Japanese Bike Steering Stem Bearing Sizes Upper: 22.5 x 41 x 12.5 Lower: 24 x 41 x 12.5 Honda MB-5-50 (82) Honda MR-50/K1...

saw these online:

by Ian Roussel:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldwing chopper trike, Ian Roussel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1318972

Click image for larger version

Name:	gold-wing_chopper_bryan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1318973

Thread: JWright's 83 GL1100 (goldwing) bobber build
    I love the look of the gl motors and thought it would make a bad ass bobber so I picked her up for $500 with a clean and current title and reg. There was oil in the radiator so I thought it was a blown headgasket, after pulling the heads I fould out that wasnt the problem. It was a seal on the water pump, doh. So this is the
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• V4chopper
      • Sep 2017

Wheel swaps on goldwings can be tricky. The 1200 wheels fit the 1100 and 1100 the 12. The 1000 spokes fit the 1000. Takes alot of engineering to fit another wheel. You can fit the 1000 final drive onto the 1100 swingarm BUTTT you have to extend the left side of the swingarm to match it. I've been building my bagger for 3 years and it's been a royal pain in the dick making things fit.

Comment

• V4chopper
        • Sep 2017

As for front ends theshadow front end will pretty easily swap. Need a spacer between the top triple tree and the neck, swap the stem or shorten the stem.

Comment

• BrokenSprocketGarage
          • Dec 2012

I chopped a GL1000 a few years back.
          There is a thread on here for my Trashbagger
          I’m in the process of building another one with my son. After several false starts with bed engines I think we finally have a good one! Word to the wise, make sure the bike runs before you chop it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;