Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Bad back or just hate welding gas cyinder wrasslin'? Check these out

I finally found the large photo of these slick problem solvers and after I recover from outpatient lumbar laminectomy (hint, have a neurosurgeon read your fresh MRI) I'll make a couple with wing nuts the size of cylinder fittings so one wrench gets both and besides being a back saver I could load cylinders easily with a winch or tall jib crane and handle much easier then hugging them. Of course ID will vary by cylinder but flat bar is easy-ish to bend and work with.

The incentive these fellows had to not drop poison gas cylinders in their own trench was considerable:
    Attached Files
  • selectedgrub
    • Dec 2009

Are you talking about a "Gasgrab" ?

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Gasgrabs (and Stronghands) are not nearly as positive as those clamps and cannot be used at any angle because they are directional devices reliant on friction pads.

I'm talking about exactly what I posted which unlike the others does not go slack under load hence can be used for lifting and securement from any angle.

Comment

• datadavid
        • Oct 2014

Its european industry standard these days to have incorporated carry handles in gas cylinders, been so for a good decade at least. And i love AGA/Lindes Genie composite bottles with built in lcd screen displaying pressure and remaining welding time in l/min or cuft/min at specified flow rate, set by clicking buttons. Real easy to carry even with herniated discs!
        Last edited by datadavid; 06-22-2021, 1:45 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;