CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Is it Covid

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Is it Covid

Well Thursday I woke up at around 2:00am with true night terrors, never had them before. I was sure I was drowning and when I finally became fully awake I could not catch my breath. Scared the shit out of me. It took me at least 5 minutes to calm myself enough to where I was finally able to slow my heart rate and get a "full" breath of air. Cold chills like a mother and when I checked and temp it was at 100.8 F, it stayed around there but never got over 101.

Pretty much spent the day in bed, thank God for a laptop and Chop Cult to keep me company. Spent most of Friday in bed as well, about midday on Friday the fever broke. Over the weekend I hung out here and did little things around the house and garage. Damn good thing I didn't have parts cause I know I would have been stupid enough to try and work on the bike.

By yesterday I was still having trouble getting a full breath and my chest felt cold when I would breath in, but no fever. Today the Dr said I need to get tested. What a pain in the ass just to get registered for the test. I go tomorrow around noon to a clinic 20 miles away!

There is a pretty good chance that this is nothing more than a reaction of cleaning up the flooded basement, but better safe than sorry I guess.
    Last edited by DoomBuggy; 05-27-2020 at 3:13 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post

There is a pretty good chance that this is nothing more than a reaction of cleaning up the flooded basement, but better safe than sorry I guess.
    Oh yes-better to know.Good luck tomorrow!

Get Adobe Flash player

Some nasty shit lives in basements including mold so if you have any get that tested, and if you continue to work in that basement I'd make completely sure there's no places mold could hide and have serious forced ventilation while working there until you know it's utterly safe.

Basements, crawlspaces and similar have some nasty shit. (A 20 mile drive is nothing, WTF izzat about?)

https://www.healthy-house.co.uk/alle...mental-health-

Dr. Samways explains that mood swings, panic attacks, depression (worse in the mornings) and night terrors are just some of the undesirable psychological symptoms that have been reported by sufferers of mould allergy. Combined with general fatigue, IBS-like symptoms and joint pains, mould allergy can be distressing and debilitating.
    Last edited by farmall; 05-27-2020 at 3:00 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I did construction for about 10 years and some of those basements were nasty. Mine is ( was ) finished, but the carpet was totally soaked so I know damn well there is mold in there. It is going to take me a few more days to get all the carpet out and then I can start checking the walls for mold as well.

Thanks for the link sure sounds a lot like what I am experiencing.

Get Adobe Flash player

A lot of remediation pros use this:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Concrobium-...mover/50053505

This is some good stuff too, used in Hospitals and such:
    https://www.fiberlock.com/product/shockwave/

Good luck. Sounds like you may have avoided the covid.

Get Adobe Flash player

Canada developed a national strategy; not sure what happened in the US - some info from Canada here:

Symptoms of COVID-19

Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.

Symptoms have included:

cough
    fever
    difficulty breathing
    pneumonia in both lungs

In severe cases, infection can lead to death.

Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known incubation period for this disease.

Recent evidence indicates that the virus can be transmitted to others from someone who is infected but not showing symptoms. This includes people who:

have not yet developed symptoms (pre-symptomatic)
    never develop symptoms (asymptomatic)

While experts know that these kinds of transmissions are happening among those in close contact or in close physical settings, it is not known to what extent. This means it is extremely important to follow the proven preventative measures.

see more info here:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal.../symptoms.html

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my test results back, not Covid, so the likely candidate is in fact the mold.

Since I moved out of my home office and into the garage I feel much, much better. So I will take the advise above, get some strong ass mold remover, finish pulling the carpet and be done with it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Yay! Wondered today what had happened.

Get Adobe Flash player

Glad you didn't have it, I had the same fever dreams and the dog must've thought something was wrong; she kept laying over me that whole night like I had a fever. I checked and it was about the same, 99-101. I had dizzy spells prior to being sick, aching joints, my boy was sick too and he had a full body rash and pink eye--also a symptom. My antibody test (surely I'll pay for that one) came back negative saturday. I've all ready paid $135 after insurance for my wife's covid test.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks HH, I was quite pleased myself~!

Seaking good to hear it was not Covid, I normally don't wake up from dreams nor remember them, but man that one was something I don't care to have again. I wonder who made dinner that night, me or the missus....

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd move some serious air out of that basement (like with a bounce house fan, PVC fittings and dryer duct) before spending time there and that fan would stay running for a while after the job was done.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ya I agree, I still have a couple of big fans, I used em to dry it out and will run while I am down there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Unless they actively remove air (hence the bounce house fan suggestion, I collect them because forced air is handy as fuck) in quantity from that space by forcing it out I'd add another that specifically does, and I'd get a proper respirator (or a good surplus gas mask with filter, which can be expired for chem warfare purposes but would still do particulates) to finish the work.

Your lungs, your call but the way you did it the first time did not work. because you got sick. Everything I did to that basement thereafter would focus on sealing it, never reinstalling mold traps, and never reoccupying it as living space nor storing moisture-absorbing stuff there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Man that same round overwhelmed my drain, I had sand coming in under the wall. It took 3, 4 hours to vacuum all the water out? My basement is a wreck, some walls are bowed in (I'll address that sometime this next decade). Very similar to IL, shitty clay that expands in winter. FWIW those "B-Dry" systems seem to me like mold traps, I got a quote from a good mason to replace bowed/damaged walls (if it's also that bad in IL) that cost the same as a b-dry system bandaid. Both were $20k.
    I haven't looked into it, but my work has done epoxy injection into concrete and that seems to work well. If the ground water pressure is high enough it'll just appear somewhere else, they usually have to make two rounds to solve the issue.
    I do run a dehumidifier downstairs 100% all year and have to or else it smells. On a real nasty flood like this last one I let the fans run also for about two weeks. It's pretty much dry now.

Zootechnics

Our state finally started easing the restrictions, now I can finally go out and continue finding some knew knives to collect.

Share This