Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Is it Covid

Well Thursday I woke up at around 2:00am with true night terrors, never had them before. I was sure I was drowning and when I finally became fully awake I could not catch my breath. Scared the shit out of me. It took me at least 5 minutes to calm myself enough to where I was finally able to slow my heart rate and get a "full" breath of air. Cold chills like a mother and when I checked and temp it was at 100.8 F, it stayed around there but never got over 101.

Pretty much spent the day in bed, thank God for a laptop and Chop Cult to keep me company. Spent most of Friday in bed as well, about midday on Friday the fever broke. Over the weekend I hung out here and did little things around the house and garage. Damn good thing I didn't have parts cause I know I would have been stupid enough to try and work on the bike.

By yesterday I was still having trouble getting a full breath and my chest felt cold when I would breath in, but no fever. Today the Dr said I need to get tested. What a pain in the ass just to get registered for the test. I go tomorrow around noon to a clinic 20 miles away!

There is a pretty good chance that this is nothing more than a reaction of cleaning up the flooded basement, but better safe than sorry I guess.
    Last edited by DoomBuggy; 05-27-2020, 3:13 PM.
  • Hoghead
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by DoomBuggy

There is a pretty good chance that this is nothing more than a reaction of cleaning up the flooded basement, but better safe than sorry I guess.
    Oh yes-better to know.Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Some nasty shit lives in basements including mold so if you have any get that tested, and if you continue to work in that basement I'd make completely sure there's no places mold could hide and have serious forced ventilation while working there until you know it's utterly safe.

Basements, crawlspaces and similar have some nasty shit. (A 20 mile drive is nothing, WTF izzat about?)

Dr. Samways explains that mood swings, panic attacks, depression (worse in the mornings) and night terrors are just some of the undesirable psychological symptoms that have been reported by sufferers of mould allergy. Combined with general fatigue, IBS-like symptoms and joint pains, mould allergy can be distressing and debilitating.
      Last edited by farmall; 05-27-2020, 3:00 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

I did construction for about 10 years and some of those basements were nasty. Mine is ( was ) finished, but the carpet was totally soaked so I know damn well there is mold in there. It is going to take me a few more days to get all the carpet out and then I can start checking the walls for mold as well.

Thanks for the link sure sounds a lot like what I am experiencing.

Comment

• rockman96
          • May 2018

A lot of remediation pros use this:
          Shop Concrobium 128-fl oz Mold Remover Liquid: Eliminates Mold, Mildew & Musty Odors, Non-Toxic Formula, Long-lasting Antimicrobial Protection in the Mold Removers department at Lowe's.com. Concrobium Mold Control® is a patented solution that effectively eliminates and prevents mold and mildew with no bleach or harmful chemicals. It can also

This is some good stuff too, used in Hospitals and such:

Good luck. Sounds like you may have avoided the covid.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Canada developed a national strategy; not sure what happened in the US - some info from Canada here:

Symptoms of COVID-19

Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.

Symptoms have included:

cough
            fever
            difficulty breathing
            pneumonia in both lungs

In severe cases, infection can lead to death.

Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known incubation period for this disease.

Recent evidence indicates that the virus can be transmitted to others from someone who is infected but not showing symptoms. This includes people who:

have not yet developed symptoms (pre-symptomatic)
            never develop symptoms (asymptomatic)

While experts know that these kinds of transmissions are happening among those in close contact or in close physical settings, it is not known to what extent. This means it is extremely important to follow the proven preventative measures.

see more info here:
            Symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus), what to do if have severe symptoms, feel sick or were exposed, caring for others, treating COVID-19 and long-term symptoms.
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;