Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1986SportyMike
    • Apr 2020

Is it possible to upgrade TC bro’s Triangle light to hi/lo beam

Ive purchased the Triangle light from TC bro’s and I’m curious if anyone has figured out a way to run it with a hi/lo beam bulb instead. Do most people not worry about a high beam?
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Open the light and post clear pics of the socket, reflector etc.

Should be as easy (or not) as replacing the socket but if you don't personally need or want high beam (I certainly would because if the working filament fails switching to high may get you home) that's your call.

All sorts of LED upgrades exist too, some small enough to fit almost anywhere, but everything I have runs standard small HD buckets and I've not been motivated to replace my sealed beams.

Comment

• 1986SportyMike
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by farmall
      Open the light and post clear pics of the socket, reflector etc.

Should be as easy (or not) as replacing the socket but if you don't personally need or want high beam (I certainly would because if the working filament fails switching to high may get you home) that's your call.

All sorts of LED upgrades exist too, some small enough to fit almost anywhere, but everything I have runs standard small HD buckets and I've not been motivated to replace my sealed beams.
      Here’s the inside of the light https://imgur.com/gallery/TlkB0rV

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

That socket and bulb may not be available in dual-filament configuration but it's a tidy way to go small.

Next step is finding a replacement dual filament socket and bulb package with the right dimensions. Note the high temp insulation sleeves on the wiring. Ya can't substitute low temp wiring.

Example site: https://www.1000bulbs.com/

You can pull the bulb and figure out the base style then hunt similar size socket/bulb combos. I'd find dimensioned sketches from suppliers to get close and estimate using your existing reflector since I'd not want to modify that.

Find the light bulb base type you’re looking for with this visual chart- detailed illustrations of general bases, fluorescent bases and specialty halogen base types.

Expect several hours of internet searching and have some pics with a scale or ruler next to the bulb and socket handy to send to lighting supply tech support. Wattage and voltage matter as do lumens.

When you have all the info you can manage on the existing bulb and socket, I'd ask here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php?

Have fun and post results!

TC Bros may be willing to tell you what style they use after you explain you want to mod the light and of course won't hold them responsible for anything.
        Last edited by farmall; 05-27-2020, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• 1986SportyMike
          • Apr 2020

I think I’ve found a solution, once I get it and make sure it works I’ll report back. Thanks so much for the help!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;