Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

In future post pics because we may see what you do not. Helping others is interesting fun but more info makes life easier for all concerned.

Better yet, start a fucking build thread! The more the merrier and with photos and info on the whole motorcycle you'll have a cool reference in one place and you can even "save page as" to archive it for yourself".

We don't give a fuck if a build isn't high dollar. Bike normal bikers ride and beat the shit out of are interesting too and other new builders will learn from your threads. Wrenching is a mentoring culture the internet makes easier.

Download or buy a factory service manual and applicable factory parts catalog(s) for your drivetrain (then start collecting a mix of other parts catalogs to expand your library. I get 'em cheap and ugly via Ebay because all I care about is if they have all the pages.

Rust is nature's Loctite. (Red)
    "Super Hunky" Rick Sieman (famous ancient dirt bike reviewer) and called sand and rust "Randsberg Loctite". http://articles.superhunky.com/4/80
    Last edited by farmall; 05-24-2020, 7:12 PM.

Comment

• Keizen89
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by farmall
      In future post pics because we may see what you do not. Helping others is interesting fun but more info makes life easier for all concerned.

Better yet, start a fucking build thread! The more the merrier and with photos and info on the whole motorcycle you'll have a cool reference in one place and you can even "save page as" to archive it for yourself".

We don't give a fuck if a build isn't high dollar. Bike normal bikers ride and beat the shit out of are interesting too and other new builders will learn from your threads. Wrenching is a mentoring culture the internet makes easier.

Download or buy a factory service manual and applicable factory parts catalog(s) for your drivetrain (then start collecting a mix of other parts catalogs to expand your library. I get 'em cheap and ugly via Ebay because all I care about is if they have all the pages.

"Super Hunky" Rick Sieman (famous ancient dirt bike reviewer) and called sand and rust "Randsberg Loctite". http://articles.superhunky.com/4/80
      Picking up the factory service manual for this bike and era was a life saver.
      I jumped the gun on this “problem”, it was late and I’m working out of a borrowed space so, I completely short sighted myself.
      Because my answer was literally in front of my face but I just got all flustered and rushed out and haven’t been back since the other night. Normally I would have taken a bunch of photos too.
      Ball dropped 100%

I really wanted the parts book next.

You may have something there with a build thread.

Hahah that’s funny shit about the Loctite.

Comment

• Tater66
        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by farmall

Not to confused with "Truck Crete" which is a combination of oil, grease, coolant mixed with sand. Better truck crete forms an impenetrable barrier that requires a hammer and chisel to separate from frame/body. Not to be confused for "Bike Crete" . Same principle but includes chain lube. Bike crete can not be removed by conventional Gunk cleaners and must be cursed at multiple times before releasing.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;