Clear All
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• JBinNC
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by HogsRear
      Alright I ordered a set of smaller drill bits and will try opening up the main air bleed to .060 – also planning on trying the lollipop in the pipes trick. I'll check back in once I get it together. Thanks!
      Go up on your air bleed size in increments. Because it is an air jet, a change of .004 - .006 is reasonable. You may not have to go to .060, or you may need to go larger. Just part of tuning.

Jim

Comment

• brooklynbomber
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Davestune
        if you want to dump the flat spot put some lolly pops in the pipe, then if you still have flat spot after tuning carb play with air bleed
        This helps quite a bit. You can use an eyelet or thumb turn screw. There’s even an optimal angle for them that you can dial in on your bike. I’ve found that a 45 degree angle is pretty nice! I’ve done it on every bike with drag pipes.
        Last edited by brooklynbomber; 05-23-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• HogsRear
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
          This helps quite a bit. You can use an eyelet or thumb turn screw. There’s even an optimal angle for them that you can dial in on your bike. I’ve found that a 45 degree angle is pretty nice! I’ve done it on every bike with drag pipes.
          I actually made a pair with hardware I had laying around and installed them in some new pipes today. I currently have them at a 90 degree angle in the pipe but maybe I should try tilting them a bit like you say. Click image for larger version

Name:	C57A51E3-5495-433F-8794-67CD2D9719A2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1318691

Comment

• 70fatster
            • Jan 2013

I had a flat spot with my sporty and the super E.
            I made an adjustable bleed with an idle needle and some brass rod, and drilled and tapped the carb like you would do for the screw in type jets.
            It worked perfectly, but the spring on the needle isn't quite tight enough, so it sometimes needs readjusting. No problem though, I usually noticeit pretty quick and can hold the throttle with my left hand and reach down with my right hand and dial it right in. IMO the carb is too big for my 900.

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

A S&S Cycle "GBL"
              Carburetor would be better suited to your model ...

Last edited by Dragstews; 05-25-2020, 7:56 PM.
              Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• HogsRear
                • Sep 2015

Potentially dumb question. I picked up another B for cheap so I figured I would clean it out and see if it was any different. Are these two holes in the bowl supposed to connect? The other side of the bowl has a matching pair of holes with a slightly larger opening clearly connects but this seems blocked. Click image for larger version

Name:	865A5F27-0F37-45FD-B029-6CE31B8872A7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1318788

Comment

• JBinNC
                  • Dec 2018

Yes, those two holes connect, same on both sides of the bowl. One is the intermediate jet well, and the other is the enrichener tube well. The hole at the bottom of the enrichener tube well is small, and acts as a jet to meter fuel to the enrichener. The intermediate jet well has a larger hole serving it, with the jet serving as the jet.

Jim

Comment

• HogsRear
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by JBinNC
                    Yes, those two holes connect, same on both sides of the bowl. One is the intermediate jet well, and the other is the enrichener tube well. The hole at the bottom of the enrichener tube well is small, and acts as a jet to meter fuel to the enrichener. The intermediate jet well has a larger hole serving it, with the jet serving as the jet.

Jim
                    Thank you Jim! I figured it's there for a reason, but right now it's definitely blocked. I believe this is the enricher side. I blew it out with compressed air and have been poking at it with a pick but doesn't seem to be connecting. It almost seems like the small hole on the inside of the bowl just isn't deep enough, but I'm going to keep at it.

Comment

• JBinNC
                      • Dec 2018

It's small. I use one strand from stranded electrical wire to probe those holes, and small holes like intermediate jets. Solvent and air pressure will get it eventually.

Jim

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;