CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I read this thread with interest . I love the Super B on my Hot Rod Shovel Bar hopper. It runs drag pipes , Superstock heads and a cam that just works (forgot what Andrews Cam it is) . It hauls ass, no flat spots . I love it so much I bought a few spares. So, I thought , with the nice S&S manifold I found , and a spare Super B plus the jetting instructions from S&S , I thought i'd stick one on my Pan. It's a bone stock 1951 74...recently rebuilt. Having second thoughts now! A buddy has a spare Rivera SU kit....

Get Adobe Flash player

SU owners who set them up right love them. I only fucked with them on British cars. They're one of the earliest carb designs and the ancestor of every "constant depression" (Brit term for vacuum) carb since. I'd try it if I had one handy because why not?

Get Adobe Flash player

Rode again for about an hour yesterday. Still getting a pretty annoying flat spot right in the middle, feels like the bike is being pulled back as you go down the road. At this point I think my jetting is close and I've got the air bleed opened to .062 but maybe it needs more? Thinking about swapping back to an emulsion tube without the Yost Power tube to see if it acts any different as well.

Get Adobe Flash player

Before you change the air bleed further, go down on the main jet and up on the main jet and see which way the flat spot is better. If you do need to change the main air bleed, that should tell you which way it needs to go.

Jim

Get Adobe Flash player

Another little update for anyone following along. After riding the other night and having a few hiccups off idle with a consistently annoying amount of mid range sluggishness I decided to switch to another complete B I had laying around just to compare. With a .032 int and .068 main, stock air bleed, and 1 3/4 turns out I felt that it was one of the smoothest rides I have had yet since starting to mess with these carbs. This definitely has me questioning the Yost power tube in my other carb as well as the need to drill the air bleed while running a stock tear drop. The mid range flat spot was noticeably better if barely there at all, but I did feel as though it was slightly under powered doing a smooth roll on of the throttle to get up to speed. I had the carb cough when I was shifting twice so I wonder if getting a little more gas in the low range would help. Might bump up to a .033 intermediate and see what happens.

Get Adobe Flash player

Compare how the throttle shaft bushings feel in both carbs. The intermediate is what you're mostly running on in mid-range and going richer could compensate for lack of a pump. I run a .032 with a pump so ya seem to be on the right track.

Share This