Hybrid View

Default Kawasucki

Hey guys I picked up this mess for a Benjamin last fall
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190902_114034.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	103587

You won't regret it. The LTD's are my favorite bikes of all time.
    What are your plans with it?

I got it running with these cheap ass Chinese air filters after I had to hack off the hard ass stock airbox to clean the carb bank. Probably going to get some nice unis. I'm probably going to keep it ratty/ mad max looking. It is so much fun to ride. Going to try and keep it under 600 bucks. Think a homemade seatpan/ covered with a yoga mat and saddle blanket. Might go back to the single big ass headlight

Check on forums how to tune it for pod filters.

We used cheap #60 thru 80 bit sets to drill low speed jets in that era because they are all lean stock. Kawa forums should cover any useful carb mods.

Thanks are you talking about kzrider or a different site. They all suggested the dynojet when I was looking around. Can you dm a thread about that idk about the rules on here about cross posting. The dynojet was kinda steep for my blood with this caliber of a scoot.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotapig View Post
    Thanks are you talking about kzrider or a different site. They all suggested the dynojet when I was looking around. Can you dm a thread about that idk about the rules on here about cross posting. The dynojet was kinda steep for my blood with this caliber of a scoot.
    Dont spend your money on a dynojet kit. Kzrider is a great forum and try a 17.5 pilot and 110 main jet. You can still get jets at your local MC dealers all day long. I think last time I got a full set for a 4 was 26 bucks for 16 jets.

I put a 16x5 and 19x4 stinko on it and some bars I had in the garage on it. Rebuilt the front forks. Have to order a throttle tube, some cables. Going to have to get a new chain and cut down that seat pan and make seat for it. I had these cheap ass illegal lights that could stun a bear in the garage but here it is nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_190411.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	305.3 KB 
ID:	103589

Share This