Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 04Nighttrain
    • Mar 2013

The linkage went through 3 or revisions because I was over thinking it.
    Measuring the full travel of the master cylinder and the brake lever, I found them to be pretty much the same so I wound up just using 1 to 1 ratio. I made a T piece and the brake cable and master attach to the ends of the top and the bottom of the T is the pivot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	brk.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1318627

I wanted clean bars so I chose this lever setup...

Name:	IMG_0906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	1318626

This is how it looks from the front

Name:	IMG_0663.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	1318628

Comment

• 04Nighttrain
      • Mar 2013

[QUOTE=Kryzstov;846488]
      Originally posted by TriNortchopz
      use one with a remote reservoir, easy to hide... a universal one or like this one that fits a zx6:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103546[/ATTACH]

I’m definitely going with your suggestion. My friend has a Jesse James build that used it up at the foot controls and I want to copy it. (I attached a pic) Any idea what brand Cylinder is the best quality? Thanks again!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]103673[/ATTACH]
      I'm in Central FL. I got a used crotch rocket master cylinder w/reservoir from http://www.fallencycles.com for about $15 and then a rebuild kit (just to be safe)... way cheaper than new. Works great for my application.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

[QUOTE=Kryzstov;846488]
        Originally posted by TriNortchopz
        use one with a remote reservoir, easy to hide... a universal one or like this one that fits a zx6:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103546[/ATTACH]

I’m definitely going with your suggestion. My friend has a Jesse James build that used it up at the foot controls and I want to copy it. (I attached a pic) Any idea what brand Cylinder is the best quality? Thanks again!
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]103673[/ATTACH]
        I think the idea of using a mc with remote reservoir is to hide it...I think you can make yours better than that 'JJ' version...you already have a rod that attaches to the brake pedal...add a mc like this at the other end of your brake rod, tuck away the remote reservoir, done...better than that bought 'JJ'.
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;