Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeyg
    • Apr 2014

650 in a 250 frame?!?!

I've been wanting a project for some time now and have yet to be able to find a decent 650 and if I do its always when I can't afford it. I'm in no hurry really but I happened to come across a bike in my town turns out it's a 250 that likely needs a rebuild. I plan to make a "bobber" basically hard tail bare bones fun to ride around bike so there's gonna be alot of cutting and welding anyway. My question is is it possible or feasible to try to put a 650 engine in this 250 frame. Or maybe even a 400. The guy wants 60 bucks for the bike I'd hate to turn it down thanks for any help
  • Jake883
    • Mar 2019

i wouldnt know but im sure whoever would would need models and year of the bike to be able to answer that. im sure anything could be done assuming it fis and if you weld in new motor mounts

Comment

• mikeyg
      • Apr 2014

I'm not sure exactly what year it is. For 50 bucks I'm thinking about just buying it then trying to figure it out over time

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

cant buy a tire for $50, another $50 bike will come along...then more practice cutting and building...

if no engine, could try this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dog chop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1318403
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Jake883
          • Mar 2019

just seen asking only 60 bucks, hell for that id buy the thing for parts practice and scrap

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

First thing to learn is DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS ARE EVERYTHING and mere displacement is not useful information. The most profitable thing you can do is read forums (this one and any motorcycle related forum) so you gain real understanding of motorcycles before you start working on them. Then you will make informed choices.

For 50 bucks you can buy it to tear down as a training aid. Post what it turns out to be and so you learn properly find a service manual to download and take it apart properly instead of just winging it. Either become professional early on or you'll suffer while wasting money.

Save money while you learn and ensure you have enough capital to buy something you can save and make damn sure it has a clear title in your name before investing any money in a street bike.

Comment

• mikeyg
              • Apr 2014

Thanks everyone for the advice and help. I've done more research. At least as much as I can without running the numbers on the bike. And I'm pretty sure now its not even an xs250 I think its an 80's SR250 guess I got to excited and didn't have much time to look it over. Its not close to what I'm after So I'm not going to mess with it. I appreciate the help and sorry I got ahead of myself and wasted everyone's time

Comment

• Hatchet54
                • Sep 2012

So basically...you got a bike you actually like for $50?

Man, some guys have all the luck.

Comment

• mikeyg
                  • Apr 2014

Nope I found a bike I don't like for 50 bucks. I don't think it will be worth messing with.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;