Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dougtheinternetannoyance123
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by winddrifter
    No mine are the old style carbs that was just a photo I used. I think Im good to go now waiting on parts to arrive before I tear down if this fails going to the new style or a Mikuni. Im going post another thread on some angled extenders for the carbs sortly like old webco style know of any place I can buy them? Photo is not correct just shows sorta what Im looking for. [ATTACH=CONFIG]103351[/ATTACH]
    For a street bike, especially a chop, my advice is ditch the Amals, and buy or find a Sudco single Mikuni kit. 2>1 manifold and a round slide VM Mikuni. The flat slide JRC-PKWs are good as well.

The Mikuni is like a Holly 4 barrell for V8s. Infinitely adjustable and tuneable. However some people want simple so the flatslide JRC-PKWs are an excellent choice for KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid.

But the advantage of the single carb are many, Good choke/enrichener setup, no stink finger, less tuning and adjustments (No balancing needed) as well as a nice boost in power on the lower end. It favors low end torque. Dual carbs only start to shine over 4000 rpm and really dont come on strong until 5500-6000 rpm and no one with any brains revs a 50 yr old British bike that high with stock internals. Choppers are not that kinda ride.

The Webco splayed ports are fun period parts, some other places made stuff like that too,, but rare as hell,, sometimes someone makes a batch and theres a guy making dual carb kits for preunit Triumphs but you dont see that stuff often.

Comment

• winddrifter
      • May 2020

Im thinkingabout making a set I can buy some stainless steel ones and I was talking with this other guy that did it and just welded them up so the flange sets correct so you can run the carbs upright. I see alot of these made on old school choppers using the same carbs I have. For now I will just run what I have they are pretty close now and I think once I get the spacer and o-ring in place going be ok I hope LOL If not may do the mikunki setup. Im doing 4 bikes right now and this is just a project to just try to get moving and a ride here and there. I got my 71 Ironhead chop I drive around a good bit. The 185 is real close to being ready and thats going be a fun ride I have had a few on/road bikes and sold them going hang on to this one the 73 I may sell the 74 not sure yet I will attach photo of the 73 take care thanks again.Click image for larger version

Name:	95821222_604285743506322_1729539757655982080_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1318388

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;